Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Cambridge House Raspberry Wheat | The Cambridge House Brewpub

cbhgranby.com

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

Added by Boto on 08-11-2009

3.4/5  rDev 0%

Just came out at the CBH Torrington location. Pours with a peach color... one of the more unique beer colors I've seen in a glass. Nice fruity smell to it. Taste is very tart, supposedly 80-90 pounds of fresh raspberries (per the brewer Steve) were added to the batch. I found a little too much fruit and tartness for my liking (I'm also not a huge fan of fruit beers), as this one was just a little to sweet for me. Nice mouthfeel and body to it though.. just wasn't totally digging the taste. Good for the female customer at a bar who wants something sweet and "not beer-like" but not my bag.

3.75/5  rDev 0%

Draught in Granby: This one pours a hazy, slightly pinkish color. It had a decent off-white head and left some lacing. The aroma is nice. There are notes of the wheat and a tart raspberry aroma. The taste is very similar. Wheat and tart raspberries without being overpowering. Balanced and refreshing, without any real sweetness to it. Very Nice.

Cambridge House Raspberry Wheat from The Cambridge House Brewpub