Premium Lager

Premium LagerPremium Lager
Notes:
Reviews: 4 | Ratings: 6 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
3.55/5  rDev +27.2%

Light yellow color, little head. Smell is mild sweetness. Has a nice balance of sweet and bitter, with a slightly grassy aftertaste. Lagers get a lot of hate on this site in general. Yes, this is a mellow lager and is very similar to Solid Gold, which I also like. To me, Solid Gold is more full-bodied, sweet and filling, while this is thinner and lighter, and has a slightly higher ABV. They both could use a bit more hop bitterness. I find this one pretty enjoyable.

3.53/5  rDev +26.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

I got a can of this beer off the single shelf from the Binnys in Montgomery, IL. It poured a clear golden with thin white head that is not leaving any lace. The scent had faint malt and yeast with grain presence. The taste was nicely balanced and easy to drink with grain and ABV notes. The mouthfeel was lighter in body with good carbonation. Overall its a decent beer.

1.83/5  rDev -34.4%
look: 2 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

Tastes like PBR mixed with Bud Light. Does not taste good. Cheap, weak, watery adjunct beer flavor with a craft beer price. This beer would be acceptable at $5 for a 6-pack. I payed $11 and feel seriously cheated. This is not a good beer. Why did Two Brothers make this? To get a piece of the Founder's Solid Gold market I would say. Solid Gold is WAY better (and less expensive). ??? This tastes like stale corn nuts and sour water with some thin fizz. Big blow to the Two Brothers reputation with this awful clunker. Should I say I do not like this beer? OK, then I said it. A big disappointment.

1.4/5  rDev -49.8%

What is up with Two Brothers? The only thing premium about this lager is the price. I could have taken a can of Coor's and poured it into their can and called it what it is. There is nothing special about this beer. I could have actually paid the same price and got 24 of the Coor's, to me it was basically the same. Sam Adams Boston lager compared to this was like the major leagues vs a high school team. Never again and this isn't their 1st beer I have considered mediocre. Done with Two Brothers and their high price craft beers that aren't crafted very well.

Premium Lager from Two Brothers Brewing Company