Squilchuck Creek Dry Hopped Pale Ale | Boundary Bay Brewery & Bistro

Awaiting More Ratings

Boundary Bay Brewery & Bistro
Washington, United States
bbaybrewery.com

Style: American Pale Ale (APA)

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by RJLarse on 05-13-2007

4.45/5  rDev +5.5%

I had it on tap at the Boundary Bay Brewery in Bellingham, WA. This is the first time I've had it, and I was pretty impressed.

Medium hoppiness, sweet and fruity, slight floral undertones. Bright golden color with a medium head. Light and clean mouthfeel. Very pleasing, highly drinkable.

4.47/5  rDev +5.9%

On draft at McGlinn's, served in a hefty Red Hook Copperhook cylinder glass, Squilchuck Creek is a clear copper with a firm, burnt oat head that leaves heavy lace.

Smell is hoppy, initially more minty when colder, with a really nice orange creamsicle ester as it warms.

Taste is very nice english style, heavy apricot ale esters, sweeter, caramel malt is yummy, with the hops snapping through on the aftertaste. A little girly but my taste for the style, a lucky find for me.

Mouthfeel is light and very smooth,the cold amplified the prickliness of the dry, hoppy finish, which keep it from cloying.

Drinkability is high, I though this was a damn tasty pale ale. I wanted to try some other taps but will come back to this for sure if I get a chance before I leave.

3.74/5  rDev -11.4%

Squilchuck Creek Pale Ale is brewed especially for McGlinn's Public House in Wenatchee.

Served in a pint glass.

Pours a rich gold color and is cloudy. Served full to the rim with absolutely no head.

The smell is sweet and malty, with some citrus notes in the background.

The taste is a citrus fruit flavor, lemon and grapefruit. A bit of a malt presence is also there, along with a bitter hop finish.

Mouth feel is clean and crisp.

This is a drinkable pale ale, but slightly over-hopped perhaps. Still I think its the best of the beers brewed specially for McGlinns, and I would recommend this one if you visit the public house.

Squilchuck Creek Dry Hopped Pale Ale from Boundary Bay Brewery & Bistro