Drink Wisconsinbly

Wants
Gots
SCORE
n/a
Notes: Leinenkugel’s Drink Wisconsinbly Wisconsin Craft Lager is a smooth, drinkable amber with a crisp, clean finish, brewed in partnership by two friends that call Wisconsin home.

IBU: 18
cyclonece09 from Wisconsin

3.78/5  rDev +5.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

Poured from a can into a pint glass. Pours red orange with a small off white head. Smells of caramelized grain, sweet and inviting. Tastes of caramelized grain, nice and full flavored, with very slight fruitiness. Beer is light bodied and easy drinking, good carbonation. Overall, a very good beer.

Jul 28, 2021
badgerbeer1 from Wisconsin

3.88/5  rDev +8.1%

I am from Wisconsin and I am not typically a fan of Leinenkugels beer. This, however, was true to its advertising. It is a light refreshing amber lager with a good clean finish. I enjoyed this beer and could see myself having many more.

May 15, 2021
Redrover from Wisconsin

3.27/5  rDev -8.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

This beer is tied to the Wisconsinbly stores and webpage. From a can to glass, the beer is dark gold (ok amber) with a fluffy and long lasting off-white head. It has decent lacing.

It has a nose of grains a bit of apple.

The taste is slightly sweet and grainy. Extremely gentle hoping lend this beer a slight flora and fruit finish. Not a ton going on but no off or odd flavors. I think it is a rebranded Lenies Northwoods Amber.

The mouth medium. Step above a macro lager but would like to see something a bit bolder but is an easy drinker.

Apr 16, 2021
TheLuckiestMan from Minnesota

3.43/5  rDev -4.5%

I was back home in WI and decided to pick up a 6 pack of this out of curiosity. I’m one of those folks of a certain age that grew up with Leinies. Back in the day before craft brewing was a big concern the beers you could readily get at bars in the upper Midwest tended to be labels like Busch, Bud Light, Old Milwaukee, etc. Leinenkugel’s Original (though not outstanding) was a cut above those other available offerings and Leinies was the first time many of us were introduced to any other beer styles with their Bock, Red, Creamy Dark offerings. I used to bring back cases of Leinies O and Red when I was in college in Iowa b/c at that time you couldn’t get it in Iowa and it was a heck of a lot better than the awful swill everyone was drinking. Flash forward...if I’m being honest most of Leinies brews don’t do much for me as so much has changed in the beer world and I’ve been exposed to so many more beers. But I’m still nostalgic for the brewery and this new offering is a pretty good tailgating beer I’m happy to say. It’s best out of the can and would be a great cooler filler. It feels like an improved Original. Similar to the old Leinies Red that I fondly remember. Amber colored, nice fluffy head that lingers a while. Refreshing, flavor is bready with a crisp, dry finish which is something I look for in a lager. No strong aromas to speak of, but I actually appreciate that as it doesn’t have any strong adjunct or “off” aromas at all either. Very little hop profile, overall quite neutral. Folks that like the traditional lager category and appreciate a clean, refreshing, no fuss beer will likely really enjoy this. Would be great to bring fishing or to have with a Brat and Kraut. A solid classic lager and it does give me a little hope for the brewery. It’s nice to see them come out with an honest-to-God beer like this after years of Kool Aid beers. I would recommend giving it a go.

Sep 21, 2020