Great Lakes Saison De Ete | Great Lakes Brewing Co.

Awaiting More Ratings

Great Lakes Brewing Co.
Ohio, United States
greatlakesbrewing.com

Style: Saison / Farmhouse Ale

Added by irishmoss on 06-12-2006

4.15/5  rDev 0%

I had the chance to taste this at Great Lakes Friday, June 9th.
The waitress served this with an orange wedge stuck on the side of the glass, so I was happy that I could remove it without sticking my fingers in my beer.
The color was a nice cloudy orange-yellow with a dense white head that hung around for a long while. The nose is of yeast and citrus with hints of coriander. The taste was similar to the smell; oranges and spices (ginger, coriander, & cardamom) melded together with a slight hop presence, earthy tones, and a nice sweetness. Everything seemed to be blended well and complimentary to each other. The body was medium to light and this beer was pretty drinkable, not too much debris floating around like some other Saisons that I've tried. Overall, this was a great beer that I would enjoy every time it was offered, especially at one of the sidewalk tables on a warm day.

Great Lakes Saison De Ete from Great Lakes Brewing Co.