Jever Fun | Friesisches Brauhaus zu Jever GmbH & Co KG

jever.de

Style: Low Alcohol Beer

Added by brewdlyhooked13 on 03-01-2005

3.51/5  rDev +0.9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.75

Looks great with its brilliant golden body and medium bubbles rising continously to the top and the 2 fingers of pillowy white foam that sits there for a long time and leaves lacing like brushstrokes on a painting.
Nose is a disappointment due to my expectation. There is the grassy scent that I love so much but it is overpowered by the plain smell of pilsner wort.
Taste is also unexpected as it starts dry and not sweet at all though the pilsner malt isdetectable. However there is no real taste to speak of in the beginning only later when somewhat unpleasant astringent bitterness kicks in. The bitterness is substantial and gets more pleasant as it lingers.
Quite watery, little astringent and palate cleasing carbonation.
This is a remarkable low alcohol beer not all pleasing but quite some character and very drinkable due to its punching bitterness. Worth a try.

3.5/5  rDev +0.6%

3.88/5  rDev +11.5%

For a 0% beer this is excellent, I have not found an other 0% beer that comes close to it. I even like to drink it, which what I can't say of most other alcoholfree beers.

I'm a bit amazed that this beer is not brewed anymore according to your site, because I regularly buy it here in Amsterdam ;))

I hope it will be brewed for a long time!

Jever Fun from Friesisches Brauhaus zu Jever GmbH & Co KG