Andechser Radler Bock | Klosterbrauerei Andechs

Klosterbrauerei Andechs
Germany
andechs.de

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by BeerAdvocate on 06-19-2002

3.45/5  rDev 0%

Like the previous reviewer, this was my first encounter with Radlers and therefore I went in blind and unassuming. My unbiased reaction was a good, light, refreshing beer, with significantly more sugar and malt that typical Bock's and a large citrus aroma.

It had a nice golden-brown color and smelled of crisp citrus. The tase was well rounded, but mildly over sweet. Mouthfeel was a bit sugary and not enouth texture. The sweetness of the lemonade made this less than drinkable towards the last sip or two. 2 of these in a row would be impossible because of the sugar.

It all made sense the next day when I learned what a radler was.

Despite that, it was good and I drank it happily after the hike up the mountain to Kloster Andechs

3.9/5  rDev 0%

Unbeknownst to me at the time of drinking, Radler is typically beer mixed with lemonade. In this case, mixed with the bock beer at Klosterbrauerei Andechs. I don't know the ratio of beer to lemonade but I would venture to say that, since I didn't really detect any lemonade flavor, it was likely to be mostly beer. Duh. An interesting beverage nonetheless that allows the malty sweet bock to be enhanced by a citrus, orangey, coriander flavor. Unique.

Andechser Radler Bock from Klosterbrauerei Andechs