Dunkelweizen | Rockslide Brewery & Pub

rockslidebrewpub.com

Style: Dunkelweizen

Added by TroyS on 05-06-2009

3.67/5  rDev 0%

Served on-tap at the brewpub in Grand Junction, CO.

Rockslide's Dunkelweizen pours with a golden-hay colored body and a scant hint of wispy tan foam. Carbonated, and fairly clear. Not much of the usual Dunkelweizen notes in the nose...couldn't detect much banana or clove, but the toasted caramel malts are biscuity and offset by a slight hint of chocolate.

The flavor is moderately hoppy with a kiss of floral-ness, but the malts are largely the showcase here. Toasted caramel and dark wheat maltiness coats the tongue nicely, and the sweetness is offset by a crisp hop note and uppity carbonation in the finish. Medium-thin body, but fairly drinkable given the style. Unfortunately, this beer was a bit one-dimensional for me to have really wanted another pint.

4.65/5  rDev 0%

This Dunkel Weiss kicks heiny!!! It's a great drink. I had a couple at the bar last week and had to get a growler of it to take home. I was happy with some of the other brews that they had on tap, but this one takes the cake....banana cake....haha? Anyway...this Dunkelweizen is nice and mmm...not so hoppy, but a pinch of sharpness in this unfiltered brew. Nice soft mouth w/banana bread for sure. I called to get the name of this beer, but they said that they didn't give it one. I'd say that it could qualify for a name like brown fowler heaven or something very good because it kicks! Good Job Mr. Justin Fowler!!! I don't think that I had the chance to meet Justin while I was in his neck of the woods, but he should know that this beer is awesome! BTW...rockslide was not the #1 most friendly/outgoing brew pub that I've been to, but it has a great location downtown and the patio is cool although I'd suggest some fans(bit too smokey) Peace!

Dunkelweizen from Rockslide Brewery & Pub