Goodnight Jr. | Short's Brewing Company

3.25/5  rDev -19.4%

4.25/5  rDev +5.5%

4.14/5  rDev +2.7%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

Poured from a Shorts growler into my Bells tulip. Big thanks to Andygirl for bringing this one back for me!

A - Poured a really rich dark brown almost black. Two finger tan head that comes on late after the pour.

S - Very roasty and smokey. Hints of maple syrup. Citrus hops in the background.

T - Like the smell, very dark roasted malt with a nice smokey subtile kick. Was expecting a bit more hop bitterness considering its claim of 102 IBU. Hops are more citrus then bitter. Very tasty and different. Flavors are familiar but unusual for them to all be together like this.

M - Medium mouthfeel with a slightly higher carbonation.

O - As a huge fan of this beers big brother Goodnight Bodacious I was extremely excited to try this one. Glad I was able to because it didn't disappoint. The flavors of the dark roast and citrus hop really worked well. Had no problem finishing the growler between my wife and I. Another great beer from Shorts! Recommend!

Goodnight Jr. from Short's Brewing Company