Beers brewed with pineapple

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by cl3, Oct 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cl3

cl3 Disciple (328) Aug 16, 2013 Wisconsin
    Trader

Last night, I had a couple of O'dell's Piña Agria on tap at the Red Cow in Minneapolis, before going to see Battles at First Ave. I thoroughly enjoyed this beer. Anyone have any other examples of beer brewed with pineapple that they enjoyed? If so, I'd love to hear them.

2. MUTINY

MUTINY Initiate (0) Feb 6, 2015 Virginia

Funny, I just finished a bottle of Perennial's Pineapple Kumquat Berliner Weisse about an hour ago. After rating/reviewing, it came out to a 3.98 score. Definitely noticeable pineapple going on, overall a very tasty Berliner!

Halluxone and BrewsOverHoes like this.
  3. 4DAloveofSTOUT

4DAloveofSTOUT Poo-Bah (2,903) Nov 28, 2008 Illinois
    Society Trader

spicoli00 and warrendietrich2001 like this.
  4. cookiequiz

cookiequiz Aspirant (241) Apr 15, 2013 California

The Bruery's 5 Golden Rings was pretty good. I was expecting something slightly gross, actually. I think it just has some pineapple juice, though—no pineapple in the fermentation as far as I'm aware.

It was brewed several years ago, though. There might be some floating around somewhere, but you'd want to be sure it was cellared well.

#4 cookiequiz, Oct 4, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
  5. rather

rather Initiate (0) May 31, 2013 California

Mr. pineapple by Santan is a hefe with pineapple juice added during fermentation. I forgot about a 6 pack I had for a year and it still holds up but fresher is better

6. Zaphog

Zaphog Poo-Bah (2,743) Sep 23, 2011 Michigan
    Society Trader

7. Barnoloid

Barnoloid Initiate (0) Jan 3, 2015 Illinois

Temperance in Evanston, IL has a Pineapple blonde ale called Greenwood Beach which has pineapple added (not sure if brewed with the fruit itself). It is a very decent summer fruit beer. Would be keen to try a wild ale brewed with the fruit.

The_Beer_Shark and BrewUrbanist like this.
  8. Rothobinide

Rothobinide Disciple (354) Jun 28, 2014 California

Belching Beaver Great Lei IPA is refreshing and juicy

warrendietrich2001 likes this.
  9. Urk1127

Urk1127 Poo-Bah (1,853) Jul 2, 2014 New Jersey
    Society

Only one ive ever had was Rivertowne- Hala Kaliki

They are in Pittsburgh idk what your distro is. I found it in NE Philly. It was like drinking fresh pineapple juice. The finish was a bit rough and musty almost. But i had a 12pk and it was a good beer.

10. DRINKING_GOOD_BEER

DRINKING_GOOD_BEER Initiate (0) Aug 12, 2014 Virginia

The bar I work at has Oskar Blue's Pineapple Pinner on tap. I love original Pinner and pineapples so I had high expectations and they were met. Such an awesome beer.

chrismann65 likes this.
  11. MikeCooke

MikeCooke Initiate (0) Apr 13, 2014 New Jersey

SS Kentucky by Carton Brewing and Against The Grain

blassor and warrendietrich2001 like this.
  12. AngryDutchman

AngryDutchman Initiate (0) Aug 8, 2015 Pennsylvania

I've homebrewed a kiwi-honey beer a couple of times and really enjoyed it. Maybe i should try it again with some crushed pineapple just to see.

13. ianskate

ianskate Initiate (0) Sep 28, 2010 New York

I've never had one, how does the pineapple pair with hops - does it fight or join forces in your mouth?

14. sittinggc

sittinggc Aspirant (226) Mar 2, 2015 California
    Trader

I've had Pineapple Sculpin on draft which is as delicious as it sounds. Lol. Wish they bottled that every once in a while.

15. PapaGoose03

PapaGoose03 Poo-Bah (2,909) May 30, 2005 Michigan
    Society

I didn't like that one but maybe it's because I'm not a lover of hefes.

rather and warrendietrich2001 like this.
  16. BrewUrbanist

BrewUrbanist Initiate (0) May 11, 2012 Wisconsin

Flying Dog did a pineapple saison a couple summers ago. It was tasty enough for me to try and make a homebrew clone.

17. frognot

frognot Initiate (0) May 20, 2009 Texas

Mr. Pineapple by Santan has the dubious honor of being my lowest rated beer here. I've had worst beers but did not review them on BA.

18. Dunkelganger4

Dunkelganger4 Initiate (0) Nov 19, 2011 Colorado

The SS Kentucky by Against the Grain, which is a smoked Pineapple IPA...taste a lot better than it sounds.

19. Sumdeus

Sumdeus Initiate (0) Mar 17, 2014 Indiana

The Bruery has had in draft form Sour in the Rye with Pineapple and Coconut.

Which is getting bottled in 2016.

20. scottbrew4u

scottbrew4u Initiate (0) Feb 2, 2005 Pennsylvania

Julius from Treehouse does not have pineapple in it but damn if it does not taste and smell like it does. A fabulous beer though regardless!

21. Jmorey

Jmorey Initiate (0) Feb 10, 2015 Michigan

Quite a few pineapple IPAs that I have enjoyed. I like it more tropical and juicy and the pineapple pushes it even farther.

22. TonyLema1

TonyLema1 Poo-Bah (1,883) Nov 19, 2008 South Carolina
    Society

One of Terrapin's Special Release beers, was smoked pineapple helles, The Pineapple Express, I remember the pineapple was subtle on the nose and the finish

23. phillyhops

phillyhops Initiate (0) Aug 4, 2014 New Jersey

Pineapple Milkshake IPA by tired hands

24. blassor

blassor Aspirant (254) Sep 2, 2010 New Jersey
    Trader

I was going to say the same thing. Just keep in mind OP or anyone who is looking for it, it was a one-off. I doubt they are making it again.

25. The_Beer_Shark

The_Beer_Shark Initiate (0) Oct 14, 2014 Illinois

Brewery Vivant's Tropical Saison has Pineapple and Mango in it and was quite enjoyable.

26. Dan_K

Dan_K Zealot (514) Nov 8, 2013 Colorado
    Trader

27. cl3

cl3 Disciple (328) Aug 16, 2013 Wisconsin
    Trader

Alright folks, we've come full circle. Thanks to everyone for the replies.

gatornation likes this.
  28. JFresh21

JFresh21 Disciple (328) Mar 6, 2012 Illinois
    Trader

This won't help you out, but there was a pineapple sour from Perennial at the Midwest Belgian beer fest. Anybody know what it was? Was phenomenal.

29. The_Beer_Shark

The_Beer_Shark Initiate (0) Oct 14, 2014 Illinois

Pineapple Kumquat Berliner Weisse

30. JFresh21

JFresh21 Disciple (328) Mar 6, 2012 Illinois
    Trader

Ya know.. I just had the Pineapple Kumquat this past weekend and it didn't taste the same. You sure? It was unlabeled at the event.

31. Dan_K

Dan_K Zealot (514) Nov 8, 2013 Colorado
    Trader

Ack sorry. That's what I get for skimming the thread before replying. :/

32. Phil-Fresh

Phil-Fresh Initiate (0) Feb 19, 2015 California

J Wakefield Brewing incorporates pinapples in a few of their brews. The best iteration is their pineapple berliner. For whatever reason, I noticed that most breweries that use pineapple try to do so either via IPAs or Berliners.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.