Can't review a new brewery

Discussion in 'BeerAdvocate Talk' started by beertunes, Jun 27, 2019.

1. beertunes

beertunes Poo-Bah (6,029) Sep 24, 2007 Montserrat
    Trader

2. Todd

Todd Founder (5,578) Aug 23, 1996 California
    Staff Moderator Fest Crew

3. beertunes

Trader

How do I correct that? They serve on-site, sell crowlers and fill growlers, and have sent a few kegs out to local bars. They have a food truck on-site, it's really no different than a half-dozen other breweries in my town.

4. PapaGoose03

PapaGoose03 Poo-Bah (2,429) May 30, 2005 Michigan
    Society

Right next to where you clicked the button to add each beer (above the generic building in the frame) is a button for Place Tools. Click it, then click Suggest Edit and request that Bar be added as establishment type. If the food truck does not belong to the brewery, I would not request the Eatery category. The mods will approve it in a day or two (usually) and then you can add a review.

sulldaddy, drtth, gatornation and 2 others like this.
  5. Roguer

Roguer Poo-Bah (4,175) Mar 25, 2013 Georgia
    Moderator Society Trader

Doneskies and updated, brother. Thanks for the update request. Cheers!

6. beertunes

Trader

Semi-related question: A brewery recently closed in my town, but there still kegs out and about. I had one yesterday, but because the brewery is listed as "closed" here, I couldn't add and review the beer. Is there a way around that?

brutalfarce likes this.
  7. PapaGoose03

PapaGoose03 Poo-Bah (2,429) May 30, 2005 Michigan
    Society

That question came up not too long ago, and I thought Todd changed the code to allow post-closing ratings. The answer is probably in the threads/posts in this link to a search that I did of this forum:
    https://www.beeradvocate.com/community/search/114159692/?q=Closed&o=date&c[title_only]=1&c[node]=34

By the way, how's the weather in Montserrat? :wink:

beertunes likes this.
  8. beertunes

Trader

The problem I'm having is, since the Place is "closed", there doesn't seem to be an option to add the beer: https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/50498/

9. Todd

Todd Founder (5,578) Aug 23, 1996 California
    Staff Moderator Fest Crew

Correct. You can reviews beers under closed breweries, but you can't add new beers. I'll discuss with @Mike soon and post an update either way.

PapaGoose03 and beertunes like this.