Casey?

Discussion in 'Mountain' started by Schmittymack, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Schmittymack

Schmittymack Zealot (507) Sep 3, 2008 Colorado
    Trader

Ok, I've never looked for anything from Casey but wanting to find what stores carry it, how often, etc. Working a trade for DLD so still have some time. Thanks!

2. JakeT469

JakeT469 Aspirant (269) Jan 13, 2012 Colorado

tylerstravis likes this.
  3. tylerstravis

tylerstravis Savant (995) Feb 14, 2014 Colorado

Only a small percentage of options hit stores. For more options you're going to have to get a ticket and make the drive.

ha-sheem likes this.
  4. Mebuzzard

Mebuzzard Poo-Bah (3,495) May 19, 2005 Colorado
    Trader

Two stores that would probably have some. At least more likely than other places:
    Small Batch
    Mile High Wine/Spirits

5. Dan_K

Dan_K Devotee (481) Nov 8, 2013 Colorado
    Trader

Grapevine seems to have Casey on an almost permanent basis.

shnsajax and Mebuzzard like this.
  6. Schmittymack

Schmittymack Zealot (507) Sep 3, 2008 Colorado
    Trader

Thanks y'all. I've never searched for or sought it out before so I'll check the places listed for my potential trade for DLD. Sheesh, too much damn work to try to get Heady for the Mrs's youngest son!

(c:

7. Koshkin

Koshkin Initiate (0) Nov 2, 2014 Texas

Does Casey stuff show up on draft and bottle in Denver bars or do I have track it down in stores? Hoping to try some while I'm in town this weekend.

8. Domingo

Domingo Poo-Bah (2,241) Apr 23, 2005 Colorado

Falling Rock has carried bottles in the past. Ignore the bottle menu and the coolers - just ask if they have any. Every time I've asked, they've come back from their storage area with a couple bottles to choose from. I wouldn't expect Ballerton or Leaner, but they'll probably have at least Saison, East Bank, and maybe a Fruit Stand or two.

Koshkin likes this.
  9. Socalfan21

Socalfan21 Initiate (184) Aug 1, 2013 Illinois

This may be a silly question but do places like Freshcraft and Falling Rock sell to-go beers?

10. Domingo

Domingo Poo-Bah (2,241) Apr 23, 2005 Colorado

Pretty sure we can't do that in CO by default. You can either sell to go (like a store) or for on-premises but you either can't do both or it requires some sort of special additional license.
    Someone who works in the biz can offer details, but essentially those places don't sell bottles to go. The only places I can think of that go both ways are selling growlers/crowlers and not bottles.

R3ason likes this.
  11. Socalfan21

Socalfan21 Initiate (184) Aug 1, 2013 Illinois

Awesome. Yeah, I will be in Denver in 3 weeks and my friend quested those Casey beers so I didn't know where to start. Thanks!

12. t420o

t420o Initiate (0) Jul 16, 2009 Colorado

Casey is definitely at Mile High. Was there yesterday and they had 3 different Casey beers. I know Fruit Stand Cherry was one. Don't remember which others were there though.

13. tylerstravis

tylerstravis Savant (995) Feb 14, 2014 Colorado

Stella Fruit Stand, Saison and Brett Loves Simcoe :slight_smile:

ha-sheem and t420o like this.
  14. t420o

t420o Initiate (0) Jul 16, 2009 Colorado

Thanks, man!

15. chitownfanatic21

chitownfanatic21 Initiate (179) Sep 25, 2016 Nebraska
    Trader

I was just in Denver last week, I saw it at Grapevine and Mr. B's. Fruit Stand and oak aged saison was the other I believe.

16. kaartman

kaartman Initiate (40) Dec 16, 2015 Colorado

I don't work in the biz, but Falling Rock does vintage bottle sales every once in a while in order to clear out the cellar, and for the last one in January it said: "Just remember per Colorado law, YOU MUST DRINK THE BEER ON SITE! You are not allowed to purchase these to take home."

17. dauss

dauss Zealot (580) Aug 9, 2003 Colorado
    Industry

Grapevine got several cases delivered yesterday. They still had plenty today.

18. Koshkin

Koshkin Initiate (0) Nov 2, 2014 Texas

I asked after having a beer and chatting up the very nice bartender for a few. He presented me with four bottles and I had a stellar Elephant Heart Plum The Cut. Thanks for the pointer!

SFACRKnight, jerichobear and Domingo like this.