Issue with uploading image on resizeyourimage.com

Discussion in 'BeerAdvocate Talk' started by leaddog, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Snowcrash000

Snowcrash000 Poo-Bah (2,247) Oct 4, 2017 Germany
    Moderator Society Trader

It's usually sufficient to refresh the page, but yes, sometimes clearing your browser cache becomes necessary in order for the picture to show up for yourself. I've also rarely experienced that even clearing the cache would not make the picture appear, but this is something that will resolve itself in time.

PapaGoose03, Bitterbill and FBarber like this.
  2. FBarber

FBarber Poo-Bah (2,801) Mar 5, 2016 Illinois
    Society Trader

I've only had it happen once where the new photo didn't show up for like 24 hours and thats what Todd told me. So you're totally right, its probably a rare thing.

Bitterbill likes this.
  3. MNAle

MNAle Poo-Bah (1,662) Sep 6, 2011 Minnesota
    Society

There is no doubt that the process for adding pictures to the BA beer database is an anachronism. It is overly restrictive on the specifications, and a PITA to get pictures that both meet these specifications and are visually "good" pictures. Improving this is on the list of issues, but no doubt requires significant behind-the-scenes changes to the data base.

(BTW, it is my opinion that this fussy restriction is what led to so many "non-original" photos being uploaded to the data base... JMO, though.)

However, that is a very small corner of BA. Your decision that "contributing to BA is more of a pain-in-the-ass then it's worth" based on just this is unfair.

mikeinportc and Bitterbill like this.
  4. mikeinportc

mikeinportc Meyvn (1,028) Nov 4, 2015 New York
    Society

Crop it to a roughly 1:2 ratio before resizing .
    Also, in the case of tall bottles like that , with no distinguishing features/labels at the top, consider cropping closer to the label, & leaving most or all of the bottle neck out of it.

FBarber likes this.