Love Ya, Poo-Bahs!

Discussion in 'BeerAdvocate Talk' started by Todd, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Todd

Todd Founder (5,941) Aug 23, 1996 California
    Staff Moderator Fest Crew Society

Correct. They were disabled a while ago. More on that here: https://www.beeradvocate.com/community/threads/what-happened-to-the-like-functionality.634169/

And likes on reviews don't award points and never had.

FBarber and Jacobier10 like this.
  2. mothmanscott

mothmanscott Poo-Bah (1,673) Jan 5, 2015 Georgia
    Society

Your comments are much appreciated but you are preaching to the choir. I have never participated in any activity on this site with a "like" oriented mentality. I do it for myself and hopefully to a very minor degree the edification of others (as well as myself). I endeavor to hone my skills and participate with pleasure in what I consider to be an academic exercise. Mostly I want to share my experience. I had no idea how much weight "likes" carried in terms of karma until I read the recent post made by Todd and others. Assuming they did was the reason for my comment. Thanks again for your encouragement but I assure you "likes" have nothing to do with why I post my ratings and reviews.

3. mothmanscott

mothmanscott Poo-Bah (1,673) Jan 5, 2015 Georgia
    Society

Todd likes this.
  4. bubseymour

bubseymour Poo-Bah (2,903) Oct 30, 2010 Maryland
    Society Trader

I need to step up on reviewing/rating places. I do 99.9% of my beer ratings on here but forget to rate places frequently.

5. beertunes

beertunes Poo-Bah (7,019) Sep 24, 2007 Liechtenstein
    Society Trader

I have a question for @Todd ; Since society members are allowed to change their screen names, is there a way to check if a name has been used? I don't want to try to make the change, have it be an old, out-of-date, inactive name, and burn my one shot.

rudzud likes this.
  6. Todd

Todd Founder (5,941) Aug 23, 1996 California
    Staff Moderator Fest Crew Society

It'll start pulling any matches when you start typing. Give that a try. I can't fix any mistakes, too.

jakecattleco and beertunes like this.
  7. beertunes

Society Trader

Great. Now I've gotta get creative. I suck at creative.

Bitterbill and Todd like this.
  8. jakecattleco

jakecattleco Poo-Bah (2,180) Sep 3, 2008 California
    Society Trader

Is "ISuckAtCreative" taken? :stuck_out_tongue:

cjgiant, rudzud, Bitterbill and 3 others like this.
  9. beertunes

Society Trader

BASTARD!

Bitterbill and jakecattleco like this.
  10. PapaGoose03

PapaGoose03 Poo-Bah (2,636) May 30, 2005 Michigan
    Society

That one is probably not taken. :wink: But I doubt that Todd would approve it.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Bitterbill and jakecattleco like this.
  11. Tucquan

Tucquan Poo-Bah (3,074) Oct 11, 2007 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Thanks, Todd. It’s been an inquisitive and pleasant journey since joining in 2007. I chuckle at my early reviews since I didn’t have the senses and corresponding words to describe what I was smelling and tasting. Big props to this site and it’s members who’ve helped school me in the ways of beer experiences and advocacy!

champ103 and Todd like this.