Madison bottle help.

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by -Rick, Dec 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Rick

-Rick Zealot (519) Dec 22, 2014 Massachusetts

Hey all,

going to be in Madison the next few days, and have a few minutes of downtime. Rileys Wines (on Gorham St) is near my hotel, any suggestions on WI (or surrounding states) bottles that are a must buy? Are the New Glarus fruit beers readily available at stores? Would love some suggestions. I am into IPA's, Stouts, and sours. Thanks for the help!

Cheers

2. Zatch90

Zatch90 Initiate (0) Jan 16, 2014 Wisconsin

New Glarus fruit beers are available year round, Rileys has a good selection. I would also check out Steves and Trixies.

twb0392 and -Rick like this.
  3. BeerBeak81

BeerBeak81 Aspirant (209) Oct 10, 2014 New York
    Trader

-Rick likes this.
  4. twb0392

twb0392 Initiate (0) Aug 1, 2014 Wisconsin

The New Glarus fruit beers are easy to get, also I really like the New Glarus coffee stout that is a Winter seasonal this year; I agree with Fantasy Factory, Central Waters Bourbon Barrel Stout(for everyday beers their porter is also good); and I also love Karben4 Lady luck Imperial Red (which is just being released in bottles for the first time).

-Rick likes this.
  5. cl3

cl3 Disciple (338) Aug 16, 2013 Wisconsin
    Trader

Get some Surly while you are in WI. Abrasive is on the shelves now. Coffee Bender is an amazing beer, as well. If you are here past the weekend, Darkness and BA Darkness are supposed to start showing up next week.

krustster, -Rick and BeerBeak81 like this.
  6. -Rick

-Rick Zealot (519) Dec 22, 2014 Massachusetts

Thanks for the help all! Much appreciated.

7. Ri0

Ri0 Poo-Bah (3,070) Jul 1, 2012 Wisconsin
    Society

3 Sheeps Midnight Bourbon and Lakefront Brandy Barrel aged Imperial Pumpkin.

CMLinder likes this.
  8. krustster

krustster Initiate (0) Nov 22, 2013 Maine

I picked up a Midnight Bourbon the other day in Green Bay as well as two other versions of it, they better be good! I never heard of any of them before but hey.

9. CMLinder

CMLinder Initiate (116) Sep 4, 2015 Wisconsin

I wholeheartedly agree with @Ri0. Those two are amazing beers. I'm just sad because I cannot find the 3Sheeps Midnight Bourbon around Madison anymore. I'd buy several bottles of that for myself, as well as Christmas gifts (IMO, it's much more approachable than a BBA RIS, their base beer being a black wheat and all).

P.s. - If anyone knows of a store in or around Madison that still has a quantity of the recent 3Sheeps Nible Lips Nible Tongue collection (either the Midnight Bourbon or the Paid Time Off)...PLEASE BM me!

10. xlperro

xlperro Initiate (0) Aug 8, 2002 New York

Trixies has good stuff. New Glarus bottles were cheaper there than at the brewery.

11. krustster

krustster Initiate (0) Nov 22, 2013 Maine

Wine Cellar and Woodmans had them in Green Bay if you feel like driving a couple hours. :wink:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.