Madison Wi Breweries - Heading there tomorrow

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by krjamk, May 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krjamk

krjamk Initiate (0) Jun 3, 2013 Iowa

Heading to Madison tomorrow and looking for what peoples thoughts are for the best brewery to hit up for lunch. I know there are several in town. Also hitting up a few bottle shops. Heard Trixie's and Star liquor are good ones. Any others? I assume as with most the gems are behind the counter if there are any?

2. SlightlyGrey

SlightlyGrey Zealot (538) Apr 4, 2011 Minnesota

The Great Lakes forum would be a better place to ask this question.

3. krjamk

thanks for the reply.. Will post it there!

4. cl3

cl3 Disciple (328) Aug 16, 2013 Wisconsin
    Trader

#4 cl3, May 4, 2015
    Last edited: May 4, 2015
    Jaycase likes this.
  5. Broom

Broom Initiate (0) Feb 6, 2011 Wisconsin

Rileys is the best liquor store, best brewery food wise is Karben4. Go to Ale Asylum too if you are out there.

Clarkee likes this.
  6. dhallengren

dhallengren Initiate (0) Feb 4, 2015 Iowa

Madison isn't that far from New Glarus. They might still have strawberry rhubarb at the brewery (they did two weekends ago, granted not much) and that's the last of it; they told me they aren't making it anymore. They're also releasing a beer called Wild Bitter starting on Thursday. Limit two per person, should be popular as it's a limited NG release

rabbitguy and Clarkee like this.
  7. jimmyfishkin

jimmyfishkin Aspirant (208) Nov 17, 2008 Wisconsin

Clarkee likes this.
  8. krjamk

do most keep their good stuff behind the counter or is it out on the shelf? I know each shop is a little different.

9. djhowell

djhowell Disciple (332) Apr 1, 2009 Wisconsin

Good recommendations above. I'll note that Brickhouse BBQ's portions are enormous so keep that in mind if you head there. I'd suggest stopping at Woodman's West on your way out of town, their liquor department is huge and they tend to be the cheapest in town if you're stocking up on New Glarus.

It's craft beer week as well. Here's tomorrow's calendar.

jimmyfishkin likes this.
  10. Broom

Broom Initiate (0) Feb 6, 2011 Wisconsin

Toppling Goliath should be delivering Sosus and and Xhops today. At Rileys they will be by the other cold bombers.

11. krjamk

Craft beer week sounds good! Only wish I was there more days after seeing the events!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.