Most Interesting Breweries

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by unlikelyspiderperson, Sep 20, 2019.

1. pro100

pro100 Disciple (338) Oct 12, 2014 California
    Society

I've been wanting to hit up the Long Beach Beer Lab for some time now. Its a brewery and top notch bakery/bread maker at the same time.

unlikelyspiderperson likes this.
  2. Snowcrash000

Snowcrash000 Poo-Bah (2,308) Oct 4, 2017 Germany
    Moderator Society Trader

Which one is that?

3. unlikelyspiderperson

unlikelyspiderperson Meyvn (1,096) Mar 12, 2013 California
    Society Trader

4. BillBabbitt

BillBabbitt Zealot (519) Nov 21, 2012 Ohio
    Society

Easily the two best venues I have experienced are Treehouse in Charlton Mass and Bell's in Kalamazoo MI.

5. unlikelyspiderperson

unlikelyspiderperson Meyvn (1,096) Mar 12, 2013 California
    Society Trader

Bell's eccentric cafe is definitely an interesting space. Some of my all time favorite stained glass in there

PapaGoose03 likes this.
  6. InvasionofColloidialHaze

InvasionofColloidialHaze Initiate (37) Apr 8, 2019 Washington

Oh I don’t blame you at all, that’s a great choice!! I’ve had few thing from Burley Oak and man. They are doing great work. Unfortunately, I’m on the West Coast so I very rarely try anything good from the East. But again, you made a good choice on an underrated brewery.

7. sjjn

sjjn Zealot (558) Jun 4, 2004 New York
    Society

Hudson Valley, Suarez Family, St. Somewhere.

8. Tripel_Threat

Tripel_Threat Poo-Bah (2,640) Jun 29, 2014 Michigan
    Society Trader

Ive had a long-standing love affair with Short's Brewing in Bellaire, MI but three that I would point out right now:

Silver Spruce, Traverse City, MI. A newer brewery that opened last year. The owners, Scott and Leah, met while working at Asheville Brewing in NC, and moved back to MI to open their own place focusing on classic, traditional lagers. Clean and delicious.

Dragonmead, Warren, MI. A longtime favorite thanks to their Final Absolution Tripel, their focus is one European brews (Belgian, British, and German) and they've had a long time to perfect them. American style IPAs can be found as well, but the European stuff is where it's at.

Stormcloud Brewing, Frankfort, MI. Belgian and "Belgo-American" style ales. They were on one of those top 20 or so new breweries a couple years back and they've earned it. 228 Tripel is quite nice, and their Whiled Away IPA is a nice find in cans around the state. Beautiful ales in a beautiful city on the northern shores of Lake Michigan.

9. PORK

PORK Initiate (42) Sep 14, 2019
    Trader

Pizza Boy...Harrisburg, PA area

trancecylist likes this.