MPLS Black Friday/BCBS

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by MplsNick, Nov 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MplsNick

MplsNick Devotee (311) Oct 31, 2014 Minnesota
    Trader

Might be a bit early as I haven't heard a thing about which stores are doing BCBS releases and in what format, but curious if anyone has heard anything as far as what stores are doing first come/first serve vs raffle vs other options to grab BCBS and especially BCBS variants this year. So hopefully this thread will help, although maybe it's a bit early.

pearceweb likes this.
  2. Helgy

Helgy Initiate (0) May 22, 2014 Minnesota

I will be watching this thread, I've never had any luck finding BCBS.

3. mnbearsfan

mnbearsfan Initiate (0) Dec 25, 2009 Minnesota
    Trader

If you watch this thread, you won't find any.

Most stores don't announce much because that day will be a nightmare. Kind of like every other BCBS release, or KBS, or Darkness, or insert your hard to get beer.

Use Twitter...

ToadiesForCody and KarlHungus like this.
  4. Helgy

Helgy Initiate (0) May 22, 2014 Minnesota

I've gotten good leads on Darkness on BA forums. I watch them to know where it will be dropping on a broad timeline and call around, not for the people posting individual stores, allotments, and prices at that very moment.

I agree though Twitter the best when it comes to wanting immediate updates and postings.

5. MNPikey

MNPikey Pooh-Bah (1,681) Feb 27, 2011 Minnesota
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

6. cmannes

cmannes Pundit (943) Mar 15, 2009 Minnesota

Do they allow Bottle Shares? And when can I setup my tent? :slight_smile:

7. mingo

mingo Initiate (0) Mar 24, 2013 Arizona

gonna be a different party this year due to the new bottle format. dont think anyone really knows what to expect. spoke with one of the distributors for the minnetonka/ridgedale area and at that moment their distributor was expecting only 3 bottles of rare. didnt ask about the others. per conversation, multiple trucks, multiple drops, all that morning prior to opening.

last year, total wine was a good spot, but that was due to four packs. who knows what to expect this year. total wine was also good for bw and bcbcs.

on another note, theres another thread floating around here with the same discussion.

8. Josholson666

Josholson666 Initiate (0) Mar 21, 2015 Minnesota

Last time I was at Heritage, he said that they would be doing a big release with previous years up for grabs as well. I've already given up on getting rare, I'm more concerned about getting BW and Coffee, but that shouldn't be much of a problem.

Also my brother mentioned that last year Chi-Lake did a BCBS cellar sale as well. With the new format it's totally up in the air. Go to your number 1 spot before they open on Black Friday, then drive around the city like a chicken with its head cut off, and chances are you'll get what you want (except rare, no one is getting rare...).

Also haven't heard anything on allotment of regal or proprietors, though I think prop is only Chicago right?

#8 Josholson666, Nov 11, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
    jakemn91 likes this.
  9. TboneRN

TboneRN Initiate (0) Mar 30, 2014 Minnesota

I know vanilla rye hit a few stores last year...but it wasn't announced and behind the counter...you just had to get lucky

Josholson666 likes this.
  10. dandykins

dandykins Initiate (0) Dec 28, 2009 Minnesota

Oh interesting - I had not heard about the new, customized bottle. Does anyone know why the change? I'm guessing there are legitimate reasons, but I'm immediately reminded of that stupid vortex bottle Miller Lite had a bit ago. If it allows more BCBS (never mind the variants) into the markets, I'm all for it, but not sure how that might be the case...

I also saw that GI was expanding BCBS 10% this year. Does that mean we should be getting more in MN...?

Sorry if this discussion/answers exist in another thread; if so, I'm happy to take these questions there.

11. TboneRN

TboneRN Initiate (0) Mar 30, 2014 Minnesota

Yes, smaller size = more bottles to go around
    And since they were making smaller bottles they decided to refresh them and the labels

12. Josholson666

Josholson666 Initiate (0) Mar 21, 2015 Minnesota

Anyone in or from Duluth with tips on places to go? My brother will be headed through there on Black Friday. According to the internet, it looks like Lake Aire and Mount Royal are good options. Would it be worth it to head across to Superior? I'm not sure how WI BC distro compares to MN.

13. mikevanatta

mikevanatta Initiate (0) Sep 29, 2014 Minnesota

I'm still slightly in denial about this. If anything, I'm somewhere between denial and anger.

14. sean_mpls

sean_mpls Initiate (0) Sep 11, 2012 Minnesota

15. maximum12

maximum12 Grand Pooh-Bah (4,662) Jan 21, 2008 Minnesota
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Next comes bargaining. I hope the depression phase passes quickly.

http://grief.com/the-five-stages-of-grief/

Centinela, Ungertaker and mnbearsfan like this.
  16. bugzy3188

bugzy3188 Initiate (0) Nov 10, 2015 Minnesota

pearceweb likes this.
  17. MplsNick

Trader

Was asking myself the same question. I bet they get like 12 bottles of rare max. Somewhat surprised they didn't get or at least didn't advertise any backyard? That's the one I'm realistically hoping to get somehow somewhere assuming rare is just impossible.

18. MplsNick

Trader

Also surprised that they know what they're getting. Princetons tweeted at someone asking that they don't know what or how much they're getting just that if they do will be on Black Friday.

19. mingo

mingo Initiate (0) Mar 24, 2013 Arizona

backyard? maybe i missed it, but i believe this year is BCBS, coffee, barleywine, prop, rare and regal.

south lyndale is said to be one of the top, if not the top, GI account.

MplsNick and Josholson666 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.