New Beer Sunday (week 509)

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by JMS1512, Nov 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smakawhat

Smakawhat Poo-Bah (7,714) Mar 18, 2008 Maryland
    Society

Moving along....

Winter White - Legend Brewing Co.

[​IMG]
    Legend Brewing - Winter White Belgian Style Ale
    by imbibehour, on Flickr

----------------------------------------

Poured from the bottle into a Hoegaarden glass.

A deep pale amber and quite brown chestnut body. Slightly cloudy, but with lots of visible carbonation making it's way up to a creamy head. Simple two finger head, solid white with a creamy appearance if a little small. This is a real dark witbier I must say.

Nice aromatic hints of coriander and cardamom like spices. Sweet notes and quite a big estery brew going on here. Sensing classic like candi sugar but with not much else going on. A real impressive aroma, but a bit big on the sweet side.

The sweet spice notes of clove, cardamom and sugars really come forth on the palate on first sip. Big booming almost dry hot brown spice all over, large and inviting. Has a big sensing feel of a winter warmer, but with less boozy character. Some controlled sweetness but not too large, but grabbing into minty and large menthol aftertaste.

Looses some classic witbier character in the mix but comes off as quite a unique beer, with a huge candy cane like aroma. Probably a solid Christmas beer ironically for the time, but doesn't really remind me of a witbier so much.

look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.5 | Final Score: 3.65

-------------------------------------------------

sharpski, aoampm, LeRose and 21 others like this.
  2. Ri0

Ri0 Initiate (0) Jul 1, 2012 Wisconsin

Happy NBS! I'm a bit tardy, but I've been trying to work out a bit on the weekends which sometimes leads to no beer in the morning hours.

Today's offering is an IPA from a tallboy can. Only 9 reviews including mine. The first half were somewhat low, but the latter ratings are more in line of how I feel about this IPA.

It has a nice hoppy aroma of citrus and tropical. The combo of citra and galaxy stands out in such a great way. Tropical notes of kiwi, pineapple, passion fruit. Citrus notes of grapefruit and tangerine. Mellow sweetness from the caramel malts lingers. The flavors are bold and hoppy from all the resin. The most dominant flavor is citrus, with the tropical notes filling in. Grapefruit, pineapple, tangerine, and some passion fruit. Caramel is in there, but this stays on the bitter side. Terrific IPA that went down quickly after my workout.

[​IMG]

I also picked up a new phone (LG G3) that takes much better pics than I am used to. I have to crop them down because of all the height in the photo.

Last night I also had a really nice local brew from Black Husky, Big Buck Brown Ale.

The aroma was sweet brown bread, with roasty malts, muted hops, brown sugar and a touch of maple syrup. A nice brown ale flavor with some roasty malt. Rich brown bread with hints of nuts and a touch of maple syrup. The sweetness is held in check by the mild hops. Overall a really tasty brown ale.

[​IMG]

Homebrew, sharpski, aoampm and 27 others like this.
  3. Ri0

Um cavedave, you were invited. :wink: (link)

4. brewskis

brewskis Meyvn (1,360) Jun 8, 2012 Indiana
    Society

Half Acre Heyoka IPA. Made with Chinook and Amarillo hops and won a silver medal at the 2014 GABF. This does live up to the hype IMO. Lots of Chinook character, as I get pine resin, lemon zest, and grapefruit zest and a pretty abrasive bitterness for an IPA. The Amarillo does add some sweeter flavors of orange juice and mango notes towards the finish and there is some ever-so slight honey sweetness and cracker malt to balance everything out. Nice soft carbonation leads to a silky and creamy mouthfeel. The hop oils just coat the mouth on the very dry finish. This is well balanced while being hop-forward and has a complex and clean hop profile. Another world class IPA from Half Acre.

I think I appreciate this more because it is different from a lot of other IPA's that are coming out now. Most IPA's recently seem to be more fruity and sweet, which makes the beer appear "juicy". I don't have a problem with this, as I am a big fan of a lot of juicy and fruity IPA's and this beer does have some fruitiness and sweetness, but not near the level of other recently-made IPA's. The resinous pine and bitter citrus rind qualities from the Chinook make this more of an old school IPA in terms of hop flavor, but it is definitely a welcomed addition to the beer and plays off nicely with the sweeter Amarillo hop notes.

[​IMG]

sharpski, LeRose, GRPunk and 22 others like this.
  5. TongoRad

TongoRad Poo-Bah (2,860) Jun 3, 2004 New Jersey
    Society Trader

New ESB Sunday

What a gorgeous day we had today- perfect for some soccer, yard work, and lounging about. The sun is starting to say goodnight, though, so it's time to close the windows and turn my attention elsewhere.

I just popped a can of Blue Mountain Barrel House Steel Wheels ESB. The only thing I know about these guys or this beer is those last three letters, but that's OK, it's a salespitch that I just can't resist :slight_smile:.
    [​IMG]

First off, the nose is very English in nature, and absolutely gorgeous. Lots of fruit comes out right away (berries and dried apple, primarily), but it's woven so beautifully with toasty malt, caramel, nuts, and a just enough floral hops to give it a certain lightness. The mouthfeel is moderately full and smooth, while there is just enough bitterness to keep things in check and not an iota more. Mostly caramel dominates the palate, but the finish is surprisingly dry (!!!), with the toasty malt and flowers lingering on the finish. Hell, yes! They got the finish right, and drinkability is off the charts! Everything about this beer is so harmonious and well put together. This has been a genuine pleasure to drink- I look forward to getting it again, and whatever else I can find by this brewery. A- (4.2)

Come on wheels, take this boy away...

sharpski, aoampm, LeRose and 25 others like this.
  6. BigRedDog

BigRedDog Initiate (0) Jul 23, 2014 Indiana

Happy NBS and Happy birthday to @beertunes! For this installment of NBS I have chosen a beer that I came across a little while ago and has been staring at me in my fridge for about a month now... I present Vampire Slayer by Clown Shoes.

[​IMG]

The beer pours jet black without much head. While it is around it is a mocha colored head with a slightly creamy appearance and texture.

Smells mostly of bitter dark chocolate and anise. Roasty malt begins to take over. Being from Memphis where the smell of Hickory smoked BBQ permeates the air I can actually pull out hickory smoke from the distinct woody smells that come from the nose as the beer warms. I usually don't like smoked beers too much, but I really don't mind this, it is very subtle and takes more of a backseat to bitter chocolate.

Taste is roasted, bitter chocolate. Wood notes and a definite rauch-esque quality are present. I honestly don't perceive too much depth to this beer and I am a little disappointed. Looked forward to trying this, and at least I am getting my allotment of Holy Water for a little while. Maybe this will stave off the Flu...

Mouthfeel is rich and slightly creamy. Pretty standard for the style.

Overall the disappointment doesn't take away from the fact that this is a good beer. The smoked malts don't overwhelm this beer in the least. In fact if I looked at this as a smoked beer instead of as a stout it would recieve high marks from me in that category. As a stout though I would reach for something else next time. Like Imperial Biscotti Break. Still dreaming about that one, which I cracked this week after finding out that I got a new job. Wahoo! First real job out of college! (for those of you wondering, yes I am fairly young... but legal.)

Hope yall enjoy your own NBS!

sharpski, aoampm, LeRose and 25 others like this.
  7. woemad

woemad Poo-Bah (3,754) Jun 8, 2003 Washington
    Society Trader

Greetings, fellow NBSers,

Right now it's 42 degrees (closest to normal for this time of year than its been for over two weeks) in the city that Idahoans come to for culture and everyone else flees from in search of the same thing (I kid, Idahoans, I kid...). Beer-wise, it was a quiet week, though I did pick up a couple of goodies at Huckleberry's last night. Yesterday was perhaps the best college football day I've had all year, as both of my teams won - they were games they were supposed to win, but it was still fun to have that happen, since it's been rare this year (mainly looking at you, UW - my Eags have done their part this year.). After a breakfast of coffee, bacon and a Cornish "breakfast pasty" (actually from Montana), I have settled in for NFL action, rooting for the 'Hawks, as I have for 30 years <edit: BTW, Fox, you can stop playing grunge songs at every break for commercials. Yep, I was a fan, and mostly still am, but it's been 20 yrs, and we'd produced Hendrix and the Sonics long before Alice In Chains and Pearl Jam>.

While deciding what to do for lunch, I cracked open a canned IPA from Nebraska (the state and the brewery) purchased in western Washington:
    http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/16504/50887/?ba=woemad
    This may or may not be a single hop beer - Citra is the only hop mentioned on the can, but it doesn't explicitly state no others were used. It's a good, "fruit-forward" IPA, but it's not something I'd put in the first rank. I bought it mainly because I'd never had a Nebraskan beer, but would buy it again if sold locally at a sensible price.

sharpski, aoampm, LeRose and 21 others like this.
  8. larryi86

larryi86 Poo-Bah (4,488) Apr 4, 2010 Delaware
    Society Trader

Thanks, I see you know how good it is! My second favorite TH glass, their teku is my favorite!

Roxie_B likes this.
  9. rgordon

rgordon Meyvn (1,092) Apr 26, 2012 North Carolina

Roxie_B and Modernrickk like this.
  10. Shroud0fdoom

Shroud0fdoom Initiate (0) Oct 31, 2013 Maryland

Looks like you summoned me, might as well share a new brew with this Sunday crew!

kemoarps and Roxie_B like this.
  11. woodchipper

woodchipper Meyvn (1,022) Oct 25, 2005 Connecticut

The other one was WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY cooler.

12. Shroud0fdoom

Blind Guardian... \m/

13. Roguer

Roguer Poo-Bah (5,660) Mar 25, 2013 Georgia
    Moderator Society Trader

It wasn't bad, but it reminded me of Burton Baton...if Burton Baton were thinner, more lackluster, weaker, and less flavorful.

14. Shroud0fdoom

New Gose in a Can Sunday!

Today was fun yet tiresome at work. So coming home never felt better. Well, I'm better now that I know I have a beer to drink! This is the new Brew!

[​IMG]

This is my last time trying the Gose style before I single them out, that they are just not for me. I tried one I liked, tried a very popular Gose, couldn't finish it. So third times a charm, right? Ok time for the beer! This brew pours a pale blonde body, the head went down fast, no lacing. Not the prettiest looking beer, but it's not ugly. The aroma is telling me that there is sugar in here, so I might actually like where this beer is going to take me. Nice hints of honey and wheat grains. Tart green apples approaches and greets you with a crisp welcome. Smells like a malt liquor actually. That's not a bad thing for me. Tasting the brew now! First it hits the palate with a melange of subtle sourness and mild salinity. In between there is hints of grain sweetness that I believe helps the brew stick to the palate and not wrecks it with sourness. In the aftertaste is where everything meets together and shakes your hand. Green apple skin with wheat crackers graininess echoing in your mind. This brew finishes acidic, fruity, semi-dry and clean. The feel is light on the palate, carbonation is very active and acts like scrubbing bubbles on the tastebuds.

Overall: I am not over the moon with this style, but I actually like this. I could recommend this to those who are not too familiar or just getting into the Gose style. This really does remind me of the Malt Liquor style brew, just with more tartness. At the end of the day I could sit back and slam a few of these watching a Baseball game. This brew is worthy!

Grade: Solid B+

Cheers New Beer Sunday Crew!

Homebrew, sharpski, LeRose and 23 others like this.
  15. RonaldTheriot

RonaldTheriot Poo-Bah (3,753) Aug 11, 2008 Louisiana
    Society

[​IMG] 5.2% alcohol. 40 IBU. Introduced in 2014. Brewed in Chicago. It has the stereotypical American pale ale characteristics, but a much heavier mouthfeel than one would expect. I purchased it at Stein's Deli in New Orleans ($2.69 for the 16-oz. can).

sharpski, aoampm, LeRose and 14 others like this.
  16. huddyball

huddyball Initiate (0) Apr 3, 2013 New Hampshire

I have one of those too. Love collecting Teku's. I have 3 now: Tired Hands, Sexual Chocolate, and Three Floyd's.

Roxie_B and larryi86 like this.
  17. larryi86

Society Trader

Time for a big treat that I have been waiting for since I first heard it was happening, Barrel-Aged Narwhal! It is as good as it sounds, feel very lucky I was able to pick up 3 bottles, highly recommend, cheers!

4.69/5 rDev +7.6%
    look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.75

750 mL bottle poured into a teku

A- Pitch black with a two finger mocha head.

S- Chocolate, oak,!some bourbon and vanilla, roasted coffee, touch of caramel, almost no alcohol.

T- Very rich and big, dark chocolates, hints of dark fruits, bourbon, a lot of oak, vanilla, alcohol, but not boozy, espresso/roasted coffee that linger in the finish, very well balanced.

M- Smpith, full body, slightly chewy, carbonation is a little too high.

O- A great barrel aged stout the is actually more bitter than sweet. I was able to grab 3 bottles, but will probably hunt for a few more. I am a big fan of regular Narwhal and Sierra Nevada did a great job aging this!

[​IMG]

Homebrew, sharpski, aoampm and 22 others like this.
  18. larryi86

Society Trader

Nice!

huddyball likes this.
  19. jwc215

jwc215 Poo-Bah (5,791) Dec 6, 2005 Arizona
    Society

New American IPA Sunday

Hello all! Rainy but mild day here in the Milwaukee area. I recently bought the Magic Hat winter variety pack. There were four different beers. The only one that I had already had was the #9. I reviewed the other two - the brown ale and the porter - over the last few days. I reviewed the encore - which is a hybrid of IPA and American Pale wheat today. Like the others, I wasn't particularly impressed, but enjoyed it. All were pretty good - certainly not the greatest, but pleasant and good enough to like.

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/96/61703/

Have a good week all!

Cheers!

sharpski, aoampm, GRPunk and 16 others like this.
  20. rgordon

Agreed!

Roxie_B likes this.
  21. utopiajane

utopiajane Initiate (0) Jun 11, 2013 New York

Hi everyone. I just wanted todrop in and say thanks to @JMS1512 for taking the reigns today. I had family stuff to do. I am looking forward to reading this thread. Looksk like NBS is healthy and happy. cheers to allk of you and a very happy birthday to @beertunes . Carry on! and Cheers!

Homebrew, LeRose, GRPunk and 14 others like this.
  22. Shroud0fdoom

Happy Naked Day!

BBThunderbolt, kemoarps and Roxie_B like this.
  23. Shroud0fdoom

Congrats on busting that brew's BA review Cherry!

cavedave and Roxie_B like this.
  24. rorjets

rorjets Meyvn (1,225) Nov 20, 2012 Connecticut

Found this on a trip to Wisconsin - 3 Sheeps First Kiss Imperial IPA. Dark amber in color, and slightly cloudy when poured, it has a thick, creamy head that holds up thru out the drinking experience, with lots of lacing. Had a nice spruce - pine smell, with a similar taste, that transforms to a healthy bitterness that slowly melts away on the tongue for a clean finish. I could not taste any honey, which is listed as an ingredient on the label. Although it is 8.2% abv there is little alcoholic burn; but if you have a few you might be counting sheep, especially while watching a lopsided football game while on the couch! Overall, Deeelicious!

[​IMG]

25. rgordon

Origami spitballs work better.

26. garymuchow

garymuchow Poo-Bah (3,442) Aug 31, 2001 Minnesota
    Society

New Fresh Hop IPA Sunday

Greetings NBSer's,
    I think we may have hit the warmest temp that we may see for about 4 months with a high of about 48 today. Unfortunately it came fog, rain and dense cloudiness, but it did melt all the snow. Yesterday passed freezing for the 1st time in 15 days and we get below it for the forseeable future starting tomorrow. We choose to live here :confused::slight_frown::stuck_out_tongue:
    We do have good breweries. The 3 big ones are each different - one likes hops (today's entry), one is largely German based styles (Schell's) and one does whatever it darn well feels like (the grumpy one). I like them all.
    http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/467/132192/?ba=garymuchow
    Today is an interesting Fresh Hop that in part approaches a DIPA. I like it.
    Best to all this week. Thanks to the sub getting us going today and may everyone have a truly thankful Thanksgiving.

utopiajane, sharpski, aoampm and 16 others like this.
  27. Act25

Act25 Poo-Bah (3,015) Nov 8, 2010 New Jersey
    Society

Three Go-To DIPAs: Tasted vs the new Sixpoints Bengali - now available in 6 packs at reasonable prices.

Carton 077xx (and its variants)
    4.34/5 rDev +2.8%
    look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

"Carton Brewing Company" is my local brewery in Atlantic Highlands, New Jersey, near my home. Their flagships cover the DIPA and the session IPA (Boat Beer) wonderfully. Mineral notes due to the hard artesian well water they use. A must try and a great place to visit.
    I've enjoyed 077xx from cask, can, growler, and tap.

a - Pours a murky apricot amber with 2 fingers of fluffy white head, moderate carbonation, lots of lacing evident.

s - Super fresh and enjoyable - the joy of a home town brewer! Smells of citrus hops, tropical fruits, fruity malts, oranges, and lots of pine.

t - Taste follows the smell. It's almost puckering as it zests your palate with citrus hops, lemon, oranges, fruit malts, and tropical fruits. Long, lean, peppery, zingy finish.

m - Light to medium bodied DIPA w moderate carbonation. Light bitterness, long finish, and pretty easy to drink. Cleansing, great with food, long, and fresh.

o - Great nose. Great to have such a great, and growing, home town brewer.

At the brewer there’s always a variant available 07720, 07701, etc. All share the same creamy, medium bodied, rich core.
    Otherwise, 077xx is widely available in NJ, WFM NJ, and at the brewer.

Cigar City Jai Alai (Tampa) 7.5%
    4.23/5 rDev -0.9%
    look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

Kudos for great beer in cans. Esp for FL. Cans are so much better than bottles.
    Jai Alai is available for $3 a can at my local bodega on the way to the Manhattan ferry. It's a go-to commuter beer for me and never lets me down. I've grown to enjoy it more over time and upped my rating

A: hazy golden copper color with a bit of sediment. The head is a two finger firm white. Great lacing, a great looking ipa.

S: Citrus & tropical fruit, grapefruit rind predominant, hoppy. As other reviewers wrote, more catty than other ipas. When fresh, it's hop forward, palate pleasing, bright tropical hop flavors. Over time the malts come through more, but they are secondary, biscuit and caramel.

T: Very refreshing. Tastes like West Coast florida and perfect with mexican food we're having on Anna Maria Island vacation. starts w tropical fruit flavors, supplanted by a hoppy mid taste with great tingle, and a finish comprised of herbs, shortbread, and caramel malt. A little bit cookie sweet.

M: Tingly, perfect carbonation. Sweet, yet refreshing. Great food beer, good medium body. The hop resins linger quite well. Well made.

O: Complex. Original. Floridian. A top IPA, a must to try, and an original SE style. Will definitely come back to this and share with my hop head pals. A bit sweet for me compared with my faves which are more piney bitter.

Great that it comes in cans, which say (Drink Fresh, Dont age.)

SixPoint Bengali (Brooklyn) 6.5%
    4.13/5 rDev +3%
    look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

I upped the revised Bengali over my review of its previous incarnation - Tiger.
    Six Points remains one of my top brewers to watch along with Carton.
    This beer is neck and neck with Carton, and Dales Pale Ale - my go-to beer. I might prefer this to Dales! I have to taste them off, same ABV, this hoppier, less balanced.

This is now sold as a 6! great move. I love cans and I love these silver silo cans in particular.

A Pours a perfectly clear golden glowing amber body and a sticky, lasting, rocky head that leaves loads lacing behind. Nice look.

S: Pine forest, salt wind, fall earth, wet grass form a base for fruity, juicy esters of apricot and grapefruit and flowers. Fresh and inviting.

T: Follows the smell. Like Sculpin offers a fresh, juicy fruit bitter ness like a freshly picked tangerine or apricot/sweet cara orange that leads to resinous, piney, biting finish. It lingers a long while, with a balanced citrus fruit and malt. Fruit & Hops over malt for sure. Very fresh tasting, like newly picked and squeezed fruit. (this can dated 9-22-14)

F: Creamy as I like them, medium bodied with medium, tickly carbonation.

Drinkability: Intriguing flavor, fresh, great with food. The mark of a great - must try beer for me - is I must taste it off against my favorites, in this case: Sculpin, Titan, Dales Pale.

THIS COULD BECOME MY EVERY DAY BEER - the silver cans sharing the shelf with Dales Pale Ale, Cartons 077xx, and Cartons Boat.

utopiajane, sharpski, aoampm and 21 others like this.
  28. deford

deford Initiate (0) Nov 11, 2013 California

My first NBS post....

Knee Deep Hoparillo. A triple IPA.

A- Very light yellow color with just a bit of head that disappears right away.

S- Grass, grass. grass!!! I feel like I'm mowing the lawn on a warm summer day and the wind is blowing the fresh cut blades of grass all around me. I might have just run over a pine cone and a grapefruit also.

T- Follows the nose closely....the citrus comes forward here though.

M- Just fine.

O- Very impressed!! Will def be getting more...probably tomorrow!

Hope everyone is having a great New Beer Sunday!!! Bottoms up!

[​IMG]

29. SteveB24

SteveB24 Initiate (0) Aug 29, 2013 New York

solid pale ale, stay tuned for a barley wine showdown starting at 7 30. cheers BA, hope your enjoying the weekend,
    [​IMG]

utopiajane, aoampm, GRPunk and 9 others like this.
  30. jhartley

jhartley Poo-Bah (2,835) Aug 22, 2010 Florida
    Society Trader

Some Free Will Freshie that I picked up on Friday at their taproom grand opening! That howler went down nice and easy too!
    [​IMG]
    Nice golden orange body with a thick 1.5 finger head.
    Plenty of pine and citrus, with just enough bitterness.
    Delicious brew!
    Cheers!

utopiajane, sharpski, aoampm and 18 others like this.
  31. smbslt

smbslt Savant (913) Dec 26, 2010 Illinois
    Society

Soaked thru to the bone but everything that needed to be pulled out or put in the garden is done. Keeping with the gardening theme I am giving this one a try.
    [​IMG]
    I can say that I have never had rhubarb and beer in the same thought. A little funky - not in a Brett way but still interesting. Quite a bit of lingering bitterness in the finish.

utopiajane, sharpski, aoampm and 15 others like this.
  32. RJLarse

RJLarse Poo-Bah (1,898) Dec 30, 2005 Washington
    Society

Greetings All:

Boomerang IPA while watching the Seahawks try to "boomerang" their season.

A decent IPA brewed with Australian hops. I've had some of the Sierra Nevada Southern Hemisphere series and I thought they were good beers. http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/140/135687/?ba=RJLarse

Unsettled here in eastern Washington with a little of everything but snow. Sun, rain, wind and temps in the low 40's.

Seahawks prevail, but more wins are needed to do in Arizona and 49ers. We'll see how it goes on Thanksgiving night.

Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Trails!
    [​IMG]

33. LancetherealLeader

LancetherealLeader Initiate (0) Jul 12, 2013 South Carolina

Happy NBS! I pulled this one out of my beer cabinet, threw it in the fridge for a little while and decided to pop it open tonight. The pour had almost no head to it. The apricot was noticeable on the nose, but when I took my first sip, I almost spit it back out. To me, it seemed very medicinal. It's gotten a little better as it has warmed, but I'm just not digging it. Not a drain pour, but pretty close. I'm just glad I only bought the one to try. Cheers!
    [​IMG]

34. OldeSchool

OldeSchool Initiate (0) Sep 8, 2013 Florida

A: Hazy, caramel colored with a big off-white head that dissipated fairly quickly.
    S: Malty, roasted nuts.
    T: Follows the nose; Very little bitterness, I detected a bit of maple flavor for some reason. Not strong at all, but definitely there. Need to check this the next time I have one.
    M: Medium body and carbonation.
    O: Easy-drinking, crowd-pleasing brown. Not the best I've had of the style, but a solid entry.

Happy NBS everyone!

[​IMG]

35. rgordon

I almost went to Beloit in Wisconsin until I visited in January. It was absurdly cold. Richmond was the right choice for me.

kemoarps likes this.
  36. 2beerdogs

2beerdogs Poo-Bah (2,659) Jan 31, 2005 California
    Society Trader

Welcome aboard, @blankenhoney !!! And you're really bringing it BIG with Black Tuesday!!! One of my favorites too.

cavedave and kemoarps like this.
  37. M-14

M-14 Initiate (124) Feb 5, 2014 California

Chesapeake Porter - Los Gatos Brewing Company

Quite a disappointment; watery, warm and flat, with almost no mouthfeel - about like water. Won't try that again.

[​IMG]

38. Ri0

You will have to try the Blood Orange version of this beer. It just arrived in WI, but I'm not much in the mood for this style when it is below freezing... :rolling_eyes:

Shroud0fdoom likes this.
  39. smanson56

smanson56 Champion (807) Feb 15, 2014 New Hampshire
    Trader

Drinking my first Stoneface RIS another one of the great beers from the guys at Stoneface!

utopiajane and blankenhoney like this.
  40. GRPunk

GRPunk Meyvn (1,230) Apr 5, 2007 Michigan

New(ish) American Stout

Surprisingly warm weather in West MI led to a thaw. A solid 15 inches or more is totally gone at this point. That meant time to cut down the plants that were previously inaccessible due the blast of the white stuff just a week ago. I also begrudgedly put up the Christmas lights. It seems too early, but I want to beat the predicted ice storm.

I'm giving myself a pass on the "new" part of NBS. I'm sure I've had this beer before, but was probably a good 15 years ago. Olde Peninsula is where I was introduced to a lot of craft beer while in college (alongside Bell's of course). I'm happy to report this one stands up to the test of time. Sure glad my wife picked up a new growler for me.

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/2707/6426/?ba=GRPunk

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.