Official Weldwerks Thread

Discussion in 'Mountain' started by brettc22, Sep 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dan_K

Dan_K Zealot (519) Nov 8, 2013 Colorado
    Trader

@Tarheel4985 I have some feedback on the menu system.

It used to be that Weldwerks had all the to-go options listed on the website, and had a board inside the taproom listing all to-go options. About a month ago I went and all the to-go options were ONLY listed in Untappd, no board, nothing on the website. I am opposed to this since not everyone uses Untappd (I do). If you were only going to do one thing, the website would be best.

Last night I was trying to peruse the to-go cans and crowlers from Weldwerks on Untappd, and I could NOT find them anywhere- spent 5 minutes trying to find them. They must have done an update which moved everything around. I guess I could have navigated to the Weldwerks website and tried the link there.

2. ssteigerwald

ssteigerwald Aspirant (207) Mar 4, 2010 Colorado
    Trader

It's not very intuitive, but if you click on the "Taproom Menu" at the top of the venue page, it's a dropdown. You can then select "To Go Options". Untappd needs to make it more intuitive. (Note: This is on the web, on mobile, To Go Options are just at the bottom of the menu list)

3. Tarheel4985

Tarheel4985 Initiate (97) Sep 14, 2010 Colorado
    Trader

Same exact process as before, just printed menus throughout the taproom (instead of the wooden clipboards) and both draft and to-go options cycling through on the TV's. We link to the Untappd menu on our website and Facebook, but Untappd doesn't have a great way to embed the menu on the website when you use images for backgrounds.

Manually typing and updating the menus, plus separately updating the website on a daily basis was no longer feasible, so we migrated to Untappd since it offers all of the same options, plus additional benefits. We make the changes to the Untappd back-end, and it automatically pushes updates to Facebook, Untappd, the printed menus and the menu boards on the TVs. If anything, our menus are more accurate now than they were before.

Sounds like you might have missed the printed menus we have scattered throughout the taproom, so we'll be sure they're more visible. But in the future, just ask a server and they will be more than happy to assist.

4. Domingo

Domingo Poo-Bah (2,637) Apr 23, 2005 Colorado
    Society

Hey @Tarheel4985, I noticed that Especial is back in Denver at the Crafty Fox. This going to be a year-round item? I think it's pretty fantastic and is 100% exactly what it shoots for.

5. Dan_K

Trader

I figured it was something like this- thanks for responding. I think I will see if I can't bookmark the untappd URL for your taproom menu in Chrome so it'll be easier for me to get there than digging through untappd.

Tarheel4985 likes this.
  6. Tarheel4985

Trader

Funny you mention it. We just posted about Friday's can releases on social media, and one happens to be Keller Pils. While not identical to the Especial, it's definitely inspired by Especial. Unfortunately, it won't be a year-round beer but I imagine we'll rotate it in every once in a while.

Canada_Dan, jaysker95, Dan_K and 2 others like this.
  7. Domingo

Domingo Poo-Bah (2,637) Apr 23, 2005 Colorado
    Society

I just appreciate when you mix in some chuggable lagers along with the haze (which I also dig) and the dessert stouts. Keep doing what you're doing.

wyoming, Tarheel4985 and Dan_K like this.
  8. beeeeeeeeeeeer

beeeeeeeeeeeer Initiate (56) Jul 3, 2010 Colorado

9. Dan_K

Trader

Bummer! Going to a wedding that day across the country. Maybe I'll get to go next year.

Timato likes this.
  10. wyoming

wyoming Initiate (0) Sep 4, 2007 Wyoming

The list of breweries is strong .. cheers !

jaysker95 likes this.
  11. ManBearPat

ManBearPat Devotee (477) Dec 2, 2014 Colorado

Dayum!!!! Talk about a beanie baby roundup!

How many tickets are available for each session?

12. JakeT469

JakeT469 Aspirant (277) Jan 13, 2012 Colorado

$100+fees is steep for 3 hours but assuming most of the breweries will bring some “heavy hitters” it could be worth it. Obviously the ticket(s) will have already been purchased by the time the beer list is released (if it’s even released at all) so it’s pretty much a roll of the dice. I just saw that it’s 4 ticket/person limit. The brewery list is stacked and I’m a sucker so I’ll most likely fork over the money.

rmpic82 and jaysker95 like this.
  13. JakeT469

Someone on the bookface asked the same question and the reply from WW was “probably not enough.” Better be on the computer right at 6.

14. ManBearPat

ManBearPat Devotee (477) Dec 2, 2014 Colorado

:grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:
    I can’t decide what I’m doing this far in advance. This will likely cause some serious FOMO. Ya bois unsure of what to do...

JakeT469 likes this.
  15. chitownfanatic21

chitownfanatic21 Aspirant (235) Sep 25, 2016 Nebraska
    Trader

16. JakeT469

Tix are still available which means there’s a shit load to sell or the demand clearly isn’t that high. I have to believe it will definitely sell out by the time the event rolls around though. I just really hope it’s not over sold. That could make for a shitty 3 hours.

JFresh21 and ManBearPat like this.
  17. chitownfanatic21

Trader

18. DKerr

DKerr Initiate (66) Oct 23, 2017 Colorado
    Trader

WW didn’t push the event too hard on their social media so my guess is that not a ton of people know about it? With the Breweries that are signed up it seems like it should be a hot ticket even at 100 dollars.

bentnorton and hambone85 like this.
  19. JakeT469

I’ve never been to this location but just because it “only” holds 900 people doesn’t mean it’ll fit 900 comfortably and it won’t be long lines and nuts to butts throughout the fest. Trust me, I hope it’s not oversold but just thinking worse case scenarios. I’m a “glass half empty kinda guy.”

Ponzu4u likes this.
  20. rscot231

rscot231 Initiate (148) Mar 11, 2008 Colorado
    Industry

This is my favorite way to say “crowded”. Bravo.

Ponzu4u, ManBearPat, Dan_K and 2 others like this.
  21. Jdubz78

Jdubz78 Initiate (56) Nov 23, 2016 New Jersey
    Trader

Never been to Weldwerks (or Colorado for that matter)...chances their release this Friday makes it to Tues of next week?

22. McNazz

McNazz Disciple (386) Feb 19, 2013 Colorado
    Trader

You're probably good. The IPAs usually doesn't sell out the day off unless they're also releasing a stout the same day that brings all of the boys to the yard, which they aren't this weekend. I'd say your chances are very good, it all depends on the batch sizes.

Ponzu4u, Jdubz78, tylerstubs and 2 others like this.
  23. Jdubz78

Jdubz78 Initiate (56) Nov 23, 2016 New Jersey
    Trader

Perfect, thanks!

24. Tarheel4985

Trader

I'm guessing we will still have cans available Tuesday. Although it's one of the best beers we have done and I imagine it will pick up steam by the end of the weekend, so no guarantees. But it's a safe bet that you'll be able to grab a 4-pack on Tuesday.

Jdubz78, DKerr, McNazz and 1 other person like this.
  25. Prospero

Prospero Savant (900) Jul 27, 2010 Colorado
    Trader

1) I hope the breweries bring adequate amount of beer
    2) That they distribute their beer 50/50 across both sessions

26. JakeT469

Definitely agree on point 1 and to your 2nd point I’m almost positive I read somewhere that it was stated that there will be an equal amount of beer poured between both sessions. Everything for both sessions will be exactly the same except for the time obviously.

27. chitownfanatic21

Trader

I believe I had read the same thing about being split equally across both sessions. I want to say they either posted that on their Facebook page or the eventbrite page.

Prospero likes this.
  28. Knobs303

Knobs303 Aspirant (271) Nov 8, 2013 Colorado

Prospero likes this.
  29. Dicers

Dicers Poo-Bah (1,745) Sep 2, 2012 Colorado
    Fest Crew Society Trader

I know that when @Tarheel4985 attended EBF LA that Weldwerks brought equal amounts to distribute amongst the 2 sessions. Most breweries and beer fest planners at this point going in knowing they need to have the same amount for each session or have equal quality beers for each session (a la The Festival). Usually about 1 sixtel per 2000-2500 people, per session, per beer is minimum for a lot of fests when you're talking 2 oz (or smaller) pours. Some of the breweries that have the largest lines will kick their stuff earlier than others, but in my experience that is about what you're looking at.

Prospero likes this.
  30. rmpic82

rmpic82 Devotee (458) Jan 27, 2017 Kansas
    Society Trader

To this point, @Tarheel4985 and the WeldWerks crew had the longest line all day (afternoon session) for EBF LA, and while other breweries were running out, they had several beers that were still going strong toward the end of the program.

I almost didn’t go through their line (did only once) because I make it to the brewery every Denver business trip and the wait was hellacious compared to the other tables.

ManBearPat likes this.
  31. Dicers

Dicers Poo-Bah (1,745) Sep 2, 2012 Colorado
    Fest Crew Society Trader

This statement is also true, and to their credit Neil told me that when he was invited his goal was to have at least something pouring for the entirety of each session. He surpassed all expectations when after the issues with Medianoche Reserve he brought the Single Barrel Rye Coffee Maple version to "makeup for any disappointment" Within the BA staff Weldwerks was lauded for their preparedness and amount that they offered to bring.

ManBearPat and rmpic82 like this.
  32. rmpic82

Society Trader

Damn - every single release for this Friday looks tasty. Mosaic Basic Bits, Mango Milkshake, Black Forest Stout, Amore Achro...I'm going to be two weeks too late. Hopefully they space out these tasty brews and something fun hits Feb 22/23. I don't like my money - I need someone to take it (and give me great beer).

33. Dan_K

Trader

Almost guaranteed there will be 1+ new beers in 2 weeks.

34. rmpic82

Society Trader

Woven within the Vanilla Medianoche post, I know they mentioned an aggressive release schedule for this year - so that seems feasible. I'm sure people in Denver probably often say, "If WeldWerks was just a little bit closer" but I REALLY feel that way being in KC.

35. chitownfanatic21

Trader

Haha, I know what you mean about wishing I was closer. I’m in Topeka, so you can always bring some by my place whenever you go out there! Lol

36. rmpic82

Society Trader

Unfortunately, I make it to Wichita more than Topeka - albeit only a few times a year - otherwise I’d bring the craft beer train by and hook ya up, man!

37. rikarmstrong

rikarmstrong Initiate (81) May 14, 2015 Colorado
    Trader

How is this Black Forest Cake Stout that's hitting distribution this week? I'm wondering how much effort I should put in to get it.

Domingo and tylerstubs like this.
  38. Quilentro

Quilentro Aspirant (290) May 12, 2017 Illinois
    Trader

Drank some last night! Nice and balanced, pairs perfectly with Cherry Garcia.

jaysker95 and tylerstubs like this.
  39. FlyFishStout

FlyFishStout Initiate (46) Oct 19, 2015 Colorado

I really enjoyed it. Nice balance between the chocolate flavors and cherry.

wordupmagazine likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.