Manchester Saison | The Marble Arch

Added by LiquidAmber on 10-21-2012

3.25/5  rDev -5%

3.5/5  rDev +2.3%

3.92/5  rDev +14.6%

Poured into a Nostradamus flute glass. Pours a hazy caramel amber with a half finger fine off-white head with semi-permanent retention and nice lacing. Constant light carbonation keep the beer in equilibrium for a long time. Interesting aroma of spicy orange, light caramel malt and light saison yeast. I spent a long time enjoying the aroma of this and trying figure out the elements. Flavor is a bitter herbal orange with light caramel hops, light fruit and bittering hops. Finishes bitter with some astringency and an odd herbal medicinal aftertaste. I rather wanted more of the aroma in the taste, but the flavor is different and extremely unusual for a saison. Reminiscent of a bitters aperitif with orange and light malt. A creamy medium body that I have come to expect from Marble Arch beers. The flavors mostly mask the alcohol, but it is present in the finish. I have to say that the flavors of this are so extreme that I felt like I should not like it. It is unusual enough that the odd intense flavors are intriguing and kept inviting further sips. I will take a long vacation from this, but I will absolutely want to try it again.

Manchester Saison from The Marble Arch