Exotic Erotic Passion Fruit Ale | Caldera Brewing Company

Availability: Summer

Added by ccrida on 07-26-2007

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 1
3.52/5  rDev n/a

Pour from draught into an imperial pint at the Horse Brass, Exotic Erotic Passion Fruit Ale is a clear gold, with a thin white head and no lace.

The smell is mild and fruity, as much from the dry hopped cascade(?) as the passion fruit it seems. Not bad, but more restrained then I expected.

The taste is bitter sweet, a little grainy, not much hops and a touch of passionfruit. Basically drinks like a pale ale, not as fruity or tart as I was expecting. While I didn't want a daiquiri, I could have used more of the "real passion fruit puree" that this was made with.

The mouthfeel was quite nice, creamy and very light without being watery.

This was pretty drinkable, mainly due to the light body and borderline bland taste. I, however, like my beers have to some punch to them taste wise, and didn't find that here.

Exotic Erotic Passion Fruit Ale from Caldera Brewing Company