Houblon Or | Franklin's Restaurant, Brewery & General Store

franklinsbrewery.com

Style: Belgian Pale Ale

Added by Jason on 05-06-2013

3.06/5  rDev +0.3%

I'm a big fan of Franklin's, so it's with a heavy heart that I tell you that I didn't really care for this beer. I've been drinking a lot of Belgian Pale Ale or Belgian Golden Ale from other breweries so I was very excited to find this on the shelf today.

While I don't have the specs on the Houblon Or, I suspect it's filtered. Which, in my opinion, is a bad thing with this type of beer. It was medicinal in quality. Much more floral hop than citrus. It wasn't very carbonated (typical of Franklin's beers) , and didn't have a whole lot of body. Appearance and smell were fine. Overall the beer let me down.

I won't purchase this again.

Houblon Or from Franklin's Restaurant, Brewery & General Store