Founders Noble Lager | Founders Brewing Company

2.74/5
Alströms:

2.53/5  rDev -7.7%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

I actually found a sixer of this at a store less than a month ago. I don't know when Founder's stopped production but this is still out there. It was on sale so I thought what the hell and got it. Well, this beer has gone bad. Sour notes and skunk and all. Just wanted to write to people not to get it. It actually begins decent but grows sour and sickening towards the finish. I really hope the Founder's guys make another lager-type beer and bottle it sometime in the future.

3.83/5  rDev +39.8%

Cloudy light-golden brew with alot of sediment that actually looks like grain husks?!...forms a light and pillowy white head with good lacing. Head retention is adequate. Aroma is extremely soft, with delicate Saaz hops and a lightly husky pale malt aroma. I'm not picking up any yeast like Putnam notes. This smells like a quality Pilsener. Mouthfeel is very soft with a light body. Taste begins with a soft, herbal hop flavor with faint notes of incense leading into a lightly grassy pale malt body that nicely complements the bittering hops. The lightly astringent finish is soft with moderate bittering hops, some trace toast, and subtle saltiness. I'm also picking up on some Tettnager or Hallertau in the finish. A pleasant, well-balanced pils comparable to it's Czech brothers

1.85/5  rDev -32.5%

Something went wrong here. The beer looks fine and smells like a really bready basic lager (Note: label describes this as a "European Lager"). Unfortunately there is a tremendous amount of yeasty sourness on the palate. I try to peer around the wave of acid broiling my mouth, but all I find is a faint sweet metallic flavor. Sour aluminum dust. Recycled airplane air. Try one of these just to see if our notes are consistent.

Founders Noble Lager from Founders Brewing Company