Imperial Eclipse Stout - Banana Fritter

Imperial Eclipse Stout - Banana FritterImperial Eclipse Stout - Banana Fritter
Notes:
Reviews: 2 | Ratings: 4 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
4.01/5  rDev +6.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 3.75

Appearance: Very dark brown bordering on black with a generous sized foamy dark beige head that slowly faded. The head was long lasting and stayed thick for a while. Very nice looking beer.

Smell: Moderate rum, mild banana, and moderate brown sugar aromas.

Taste: Moderate rum and bananas, caramel/brown sugar, and mild cinnamon notes. The label indicates sugar was added and that might be why this beer does not finish as dry as other variants I've had.

Mouth-feel: On the heavy side of medium bodied with a moderate level of carbonation. Thicker bodied than many of the other Eclipse variants I've had.

Overall: An interesting beer, but for my tastes I don't get banana fritter. Where the German chocolate cake variant did well in mimicking what it is was named after the flavor elements here did not have the same cohesive taste profile.

2.82/5  rDev -25.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 3.25

hey Suz! thanks for adding this! where's the F review? beautiful pour! oh... dissipated so quickly.... oh well. aroma has a whiff of ..... tabasco sauce? are you serious? no wait. a different sauce.... um, banana chocolate sundae IF you try real hard.... dude(s), get a clue. ADD some meade like Bottle Logic's Equivalent Dose. that will help. trust me. this one sucks. and i am a TOTAL supporter of Eclipse stouts. honestly. and seriously. wait. do i need to let it warm up some MORE? geez you guys.... do you KNOW what you're asking me to PAY for this bottle? and THIS YEAR you seem to come out with your CHEESECAKE FACTORY selection of dessert beers (versus your normal stouts) as an EXPERIMENT and i have to pay for this crap? (i'm still waiting while my banana fritter warms up) . . . . okay. so HERE is my REAL review.... total disappointment. what has this Eclipse series turned into? was this a GAMBLE (which lost)? my god.... i want a F'ING REFUND. this shit is F EXPENSIVE and i was your GUINEA PIG after Bottle Logic's Equivalent Dose Masterpiece.... this is MORE EXPENSIVE than ED, by the way, and obviously much easier to find.... (should have been my first clue, eh?). so, my TASTE rating is based on much bitterness (and that funky hot sauce flavor) although there certainly IS some banana flavor(ing?) in it. i am SO DISAPPOINTED. check my other Eclipse reviews, please. if the brewery HAS THE BALLS to contact me to offer a refund for this crap i am willing- [email protected] but hey! it's got 11% alcohol so i'll down as much as i can and see where i can get from there because THIS STUFF IS FRICKIN EXPENSIVE AS SHIT..... but seriously A) do you taste 'hot sauce' in this? B) is this what you envisioned when you put this out there? C) will you refund me my money? please? of course not....

Imperial Eclipse Stout - Banana Fritter from FiftyFifty Brewing Co.