Delusional Imperial Coffee Stout | Allentown Brew Works

Reviews by anthonypw:
4.75/5  rDev +12.6%

4.75/5  rDev +12.6%

3.6/5  rDev -14.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

3.75/5  rDev -11.1%

3.96/5  rDev -6.2%

Deep dark brown in color with chestnut edges. Molasses is the dominant note in both the nose and the flavor profile. The body is thick and syrupy sweet. I really wanted to like this offering but the sweetness is a bit too much especially on the finish.

4.36/5  rDev +3.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

This is a phenomenal heavy duty brew! to me, this beer is a strong ale...but who cares? it's good! I get a molasses and roasted coffee flavor with what seems to be a bourbon kick in the end. This beer is multi dimensional and I would seek this out. Fegleys BB Insidious and this are my to favorite brews from these guys. Really, just an excellent beer. The massive ABV is hidden very well, to the point I almost call B.S. The brew master at this place has serious bragging rights on this one.

Bottom Line: Kick A$$ Brew!

3.5/5  rDev -17.1%

4.4/5  rDev +4.3%

Served on draft at The Butcher and Barkeep's Archie's Birthday Bash event. The rep from Brew Works said this beer previously was only served last week at the brew pub so far.

Jet black, tan head. Smells of strong black espresso. Taste is also dominated by very nice coffee flavor, but not too bitter. Boozy alcohol in there too, you can tell it's a massive beer. thick mouthfeel.

overall a great tasting imperial stout.

4.5/5  rDev +6.6%

Butcher & Barkeep birthday bash event in Harleysville, PA

On tap
Small pour--rare, special.
It is their best beer by far from my perspective. I am a big time stout, coffee, bourbon fan so this is right in my flavor wheelhouse.
It is boozy but not too hot. Low to medium carbonation. Looks good, smells great and the taste follows.
Great base stout with coffee, espresso, chocolate, bourbon like flavors. A local, "poor mans" Bourbon County Coffee?!!
If you see it try it. Great brew.

4.43/5  rDev +5%

A - Dark black pour with little to ne head, no lacing, and no carbonation.

S - Spicy moss, bourbon, rye, and alcohol.

T - Lots of bourbon and peat

4.72/5  rDev +11.8%

3.92/5  rDev -7.1%

4.15/5  rDev -1.7%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

4.5/5  rDev +6.6%

4.02/5  rDev -4.7%

On-tap at the Bulls head. Listed on the board as Delusional ICS, so I didn't know this was a coffee stout.

It has been a loooong time since I've had a beer this big. I can't honestly say I noticed the coffee at all. This was less a roasty, bitter stout and more a vinous, licorice-y stout to me. Almost port like. It took me an hour or more to sip my 10 ounces, but I did really enjoy this. The alcohol was incredibly well masked and the flavor profile was unique. The body was a bit thin and oily but I guess that is typical for a beer this size. Try it if you see it

Delusional Imperial Coffee Stout from Allentown Brew Works