Oktoberfest | Allentown Brew Works

3.75/5  rDev +14.3%

3.5/5  rDev +6.7%

3.25/5  rDev -0.9%

3.65/5  rDev +11.3%

On-tap at the brewery. I paired it with a bowl of chili and chicken quesadillas - good match. Appears a clear, reddish light brown.

I found this to drink like a clean and drinkable nut brown ale. The aroma and flavor are full of light roasted coffee (though not like the heavy roast of a stout) along with bittersweet cocoa. The body is on the thin side of medium and while it's not the most complex o-fest or brown, it's tasty and a worthy session beer.

2.87/5  rDev -12.5%
look: 3 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 2.5

Served on-tap on 11/1/08 into a pint glass.

Poured a clear deep coppery brown color with thin light tan head. Not much in terms of retention or lacing. Smells of roasted malt, caramel, nuts, dirt, and sour apples. Tastes of butter, caramel, sweet malts, nuts, and roasted malt with a touch of grassy hops and sour apple in the finish. Medium in body, moderate carbonation. Sweet and roasty, slightly acidic and metallic. At first I thought they mistakenly gave me the nut brown ale, but when a friend ordered the nut brown, they tasted completely different. Not one of my favorite Oktoberfests, I don't think I'd be getting this one again.

Oktoberfest from Allentown Brew Works