Right Side Up Pineapple Lager

From:
Cigar City Brewing

Florida, United States
Avail:
Retired (no longer brewed)
Wants
Gots
SCORE
Outstanding
Notes:
Reviews: 5 | Ratings: 52 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
Sabtos from Ohio

2.34/5  rDev -45.7%

Light yellow, practically no head.

I actually got more sweet apple and cinnamon aromas than pineapple upside down cake. Nothing real heavy, syrupy or buttery that you might expect.

Taste is closer to pina colada than pineapple upside down cake.

Thin and cloying, I didn't like this.

Apr 03, 2016
BMMillsy from Florida

3.89/5  rDev -9.7%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Had this as part of a flight at the brewery. Clear light golden pour with a small creamy white head. Pineapple, vanilla, sugar, pie crust. Flavor is big pie crust, some pineapple I guess, light malts, sweet whipped cream. Light bodied with medium carbonation. Easy drinking. Neat. Gets very sweet as you get into this one. 3 or 4 oz is enough and could be had for dessert. I do wonder though whether these guys just squirt some flavoring into their Helles.

Nov 23, 2013
bpk59 from Massachusetts

4.89/5  rDev +13.5%

Lucky enough to be in the taproom while available at CCB, especially since I'm from New England. The universe works in mysterious ways ... Reviewed from a pint glass.

Beer is a yellow straw color. A faint white foamy 1/4 finger head dissipated quickly and left no lacing. Looks like a typical lager, but then you smell it and ...

Holy deuce, it's a glass of pineapple upside down cake. I mean, I don't know what else to say except it tastes like pineapple upside down cake pureed masterfully into a lager and poured into a pint glass. It tastes just as it smells but also has notes of baking spices like cinnamon and some vanilla. Mouthfeel was right on for a lager, any heavier and it might have felt too much like real pineapple upside-down cake (which gets heavy fast).

Yeah, this was mind blowing. The only thing that kept me from planting myself under the tap and chugging was the fact that I had to drive myself outta there. Well, that and also I don't think the staff would have allowed it either.

Overall, ohmygodwhatdidijustdrink

Apr 02, 2013
JReites from Florida

Had this on draft at CCB tasting room:

A: Poured a hazy, straw like yellow.
S: Light Pineapple, sweet smell
T: Absolutely amazing. Tastes just like pineapple upside down cake. Light flavor up front but it finished beautifully. Not too sweet, great pineapple, vanilla, and cinnamon flavors.
M: Light and crisp
D: Excellent. My wife and I agree we could drink this all day on the boat or beach. Without a doubt the best lager I have ever had.

Apr 01, 2013
Lare453 from Florida

4.95/5  rDev +14.8%

a straw colored, slightly hazy, small white giant head.

s heavy pineapple, cinnamon, vanilla, cherry, Brown sugar, cake

t the best thing in the world. it tastes just like pineapple upside down cake! pineapple, vanilla, cake,, cherry, Brown sugar, cinnamon, sweet pineapple juice.

m slightly thin, crisp, light carbonation.

o Omg amazing! without a doubt my favorite lager ever. one of my top ten beers ever. absolutely delicious!

Mar 31, 2013