Papsø’s Passion Fruit Porter With Chocolate, Vanilla And Almonds | Cigar City Brewing

Awaiting More Ratings

Cigar City Brewing
Florida, United States
cigarcitybrewing.com

Style: American Porter

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by macrosmatic on 05-26-2013

3.5/5  rDev -8.9%

3.86/5  rDev +0.5%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

Reviewed from notes. Had out of a firkin at the CCB tasting room. Served in a snifter glass.

A: Really dark brown. I think it's pretty clear, but hard to tell as it's so dark. Forms very thin head of tan foam, no visible carbonation.

S: Sweet malts and sweet fruits, cacao, vanilla, and nutty. I don't think I could have come up with almonds in particular though.

T: Follows the nose, but has more sweet fruitiness, vanilla and nuts, and less cacao than I expected from the aroma.

M: Thin body, low carbonation sensation, low alcohol presence.

O: Well, I think it was a slight improvement on the base, but not by a whole lot. The additions managed to play fairly nicely with tropical fruit, but still falls short of something I'd seek out.

Papsø’s Passion Fruit Porter With Chocolate, Vanilla And Almonds from Cigar City Brewing