Dju Dju Premium Palm Lager | Brouwerij Huyghe

delirium.be

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

Added by BlackHaddock on 03-08-2012

3/5  rDev 0%

Brewed for 'New Allied African Brewery' (I think)

International Green Week, Berlin 2012: Hall 18 is a real mix of nations (Gambia, Ghana, South Africa, Spain, Peru, Malta, Thailand, Belgium and Holland to name but some), after my Slovenian Pilsner we moved on to an African bar and had a 33cl bottle of this poured into hardened Mango shell.

Difficult to gauge the colour, but it seemed a slightly hazy gold in appearance with next to no head at all.

The smell was of alcohol esters and sweet wood, some herbs and spices too.

Weird taste, not sure what palm oil tastes like but this had a distinct flavour that I found hard to recognise, not really unpleasant, but not the sort of beer to have crates of at home either. I’ll put this down to experience: I’ve had another Dju Dju beers out of the same vessel over the years at Green Week, but never bothered to review before.

Dju Dju Premium Palm Lager from Brouwerij Huyghe