Carton / Industrial Arts - Yea We Doin This | Carton Brewing Company

Carton / Industrial Arts - Yea We Doin ThisCarton / Industrial Arts - Yea We Doin This
4.09/5

Contains: POMEGRANATE, SLOE, MARZIPAN, ORANGE ZEST

Added by Jakely on 07-05-2018

4.24/5  rDev +3.7%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Canned on 7/5/2018 and poured from 16. oz. can into Carton teku glass. It pours a cloudy, bright orange, almost creamsicle color with a half finger of foamy, milk-white head and a thin sheen of creamy lacing. Its fragrant nose features orange, cream, bubblegum, raspberry, and other sweet, ripe fruit (pomegranate?). It has a sorbet-like smell that is delightful. The taste is decidedly fruity but also more tart than I anticipated. I'm tasting pomegranate with orange and raspberry in the background. At mid-taste there is a distinct taste of oats and honey. The hop blend of Mosaic, Citra, Simcoe, and Chinook is highly flavorful and bitter without a strong bite. This ale is medium-bodied with pleasing carbonation, and its 6.9% ABV poses no distraction to the drinking experience. Overall, Carton and Industrial Arts have brewed a funky and thoroughly enjoyable beer. Given its sweetness you can only drink one pour (okay, maybe two). But it's a great summer cooler appropriate for drinking at the beach or with burgers, dogs or a cheese steak. It's really enjoyable and I bet the brewers had a lot of fun concocting and brewing it!

3.88/5  rDev -5.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

4.36/5  rDev +6.6%

Appearance: Golden straw color around the edges and a deep amber to very light brown color in the middle. This is opaque. No visible carbonation. Limited head retention, with just a ring around the edge of the glass and some sparse, small bubbles sitting on top. This looks like your typical hazy IPA and is attractive in that sense, without going overboard and looking like dirty pond water or turkey gravy.

Smell: Its hard for me to distinguish between the hops and the fruit additions here, but this has a familiar aroma I get from some Citra and Mosaic beers which is a sweet and tart candy aroma that I would describe as crushed up sweet tarts. This could easily be the pomegranate too. It’s a great aroma and cuts through everything else present on the nose here including, ripe mango, grapefruit, orange, lemon, dankness,
cat pee, pine, and some lighter stone fruits including peach and apricot. There’s a bread dough component as well. There’s a sugary sweetness that could be attributed to the marzipan. And it reminds of the last time &telier used marzipan.

Taste: This is nice, in that the nose lead me to believe this beer would be sweet. It is not. Unripened mango, a slight level of acidity, and it’s a dry beer with a slightly bitter finish. Oddly enough this also reminds me of some flavors you’d expect from a dry white wine with some flavors of white grape and pear as well. And I think my mind goes there due to the acidity that present in this beer.

Mouthfeel: Minimal carbonation and a smooth, creamy mouthfeel.

Drinkability: This beer is highly drinkable. I really enjoy how the nose is sweet, but then the flavor profile is rather dry and bitter. It makes for a very nice contrast. As much as I’ve enjoyed drinking this beer with no food, I think it would pair excellently with some food. A nice salad with pear, mixed greens, grilled chicken and pistachios and some goat cheese.

3.87/5  rDev -5.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 3.75

Carton / Industrial Arts - Yea We Doin This from Carton Brewing Company