Boombox IPA

Boombox IPABoombox IPA
Notes:
Reviews: 7 | Ratings: 23
3.86/5  rDev +4.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Pours a very slightly hazy golden copper with a big rocky head that dissipates slowly leaving chunks of lacing scattered around the glass. Aroma is lightly floral, but very faint, possibly due to the age. When purchased, it was already 90 days old. Note to self: be more careful about bottling dates. The taste is a nice balance of sweet malt and mildly bitter herbal hops. Medium body, easy drinking IPA.

4.27/5  rDev +15.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Growler from the Hilliards brewery in Ballard Seattle to wine glass
Appearance: Dark yellow, golden, medium head, lacing
Aroma: bread, orange, hazy,
Taste: medium sweetness, medium bitterness, lightly sour,
medium body, sticky, average carbonation, long finish
Overall good beer
Drank :March 9,2015

I'm not normally a huge IPA fan but this was delicious! I brought some home from my vacation to Seattle and it was a huge hit with my dad who loves IPAs.

3.45/5  rDev -6.8%
look: 2.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

I'm not a huge IPA guy-- so if you are, disregard my review. Or maybe don't as I didn't think this was too bad at all..

So I went to this brewery on a brewery tour (Road Dogs Seattle). Had a really good time and tried 3 different brews from these guys. This one was interesting to me because when I saw IPA I got sort of disappointed as I'm not that into them. Color wasn't great but had a decent head. Smell was medicore. What took me by surprise was the taste (obviously what really matters). It had a definite grapefruit hint to it. Not super bitter like most IPA's. Much more refreshing yet not over-sweet where you can't drink more than one.

3.1/5  rDev -16.2%

Attractive golden amber with plenty of foam in the New Belgium snifter. Rather plain. Not much hop flavor. A woody, barely herbal taste. Slightly astringent. LIght and soapy. Bitter aftertaste. From the 22 oz bottle purchased at Elizabeth Station in Bellingham.

3.37/5  rDev -8.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

2015-06-13
16oz can served in a pint glass. Batch 292. Canned 2015/03/24.

Pours clear light amber with a smallish head but plenty of carbonation. Smell is very mild. A little cat piss. A little pine.

Taste is also surprisingly mild. A little bitter oil. Some vague bitterness. Some straw.

Mouthfeel is medium. Overall, it's fairly run of the mill.If I see one fresher, I might give it another shot, but I'm not impressed.

3.73/5  rDev +0.8%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

I had this beer on-tap in a "beer can" pint glass at the brewery.

Appearance: orange hue with a light haze and a strong effervescence. Head is a finger of frothy white foam. I think it fills the bill quite nicely.

Smell: earthy and piney with a nice sweet malt. Not too bad.

Taste: citrusy hops with a little bit of toasty malt underneath. There's plenty of sweetness here which helps complement the bitterness. A pretty solid IPA.

Mouthfeel: medium body with a large, well-integrated carbonation. Very good, especially for the style.

Overall: it's not the perfect IPA, but I enjoy drinking it. Good stuff.

Boombox IPA from Hilliard's Beer