Outlaw Series Bourbon Barrel Aged Imperial Stout

From:
Blue Blood Brewing Company

Nebraska, United States
Avail:
Retired (no longer brewed)
Wants
Gots
SCORE
n/a
Notes:
Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 5 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
Beginner2 from Illinois

4.04/5  rDev -5.2%

I have the responsibility of making the first review of a stout from a brewer I did know existed and whose rather extensive Outlaw Series had 13 of the Series' 15 BA reviews on a Brett. In brief, there ain't reviews for me to cheat. Having to do the work myself instead, I did my research and went on Blue Blood's site. Impressive. You don't need to know their whole story to know that they love what they do. (I also think they love it so much that if they don't know exactly what they are doing in this AIS style, they are faking it really well.)

While this is my 32 Had in this style, I somehow don't feel qualified to give the first review. I will say this. It Looks good, but not great. It Smells a little better and delivers the same in Taste (honesty is big IMHO.) But mouth Feel is not a great sipper because it may be a be thin, because Smell and Taste are not as complex as its barrel-aged competition. Alcohol is less evident than a lot of 11 percenters... which indicates good crafters.

I had this with a couple of stinky, Stilton-like cheeses and it went great.

To end this lame review, I say this : C'mon, guys. One of you other Poo-bahs step up, pay the price and give these lads some expert feedback.

Mar 07, 2018
Outlaw Series Bourbon Barrel Aged Imperial Stout from Blue Blood Brewing Company