Saison Des Fêtes | Atlas Brew Works

Style: Saison / Farmhouse Ale

Added by cjgiant on 11-23-2013

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 18
3.59/5  rDev -0.8%

Wanted to note here that I was ready to do a full review when the people we were meeting at RFD showed up, and I thought it would be rude to sit and rate a beer when I should be socializing. I did get to re-review at brewery 12/2014. Ratings adjusted:

The beer was a little on the dark side of amber/brown. Head was a bit larger bubbled initially, but evolved into a nice filmy surface head with collection at the edges. Lacing us decent. Nose is banana-laced Belgian yeast, a hint of farm.

The taste is well balanced with some malt beginning, with some Belgian style notes. A bit of earthy spice comes across (nutmeg) the banana from the smell subdued by it. There's even a light British ale taste in there as well. Carbonation is medium light, a tad more than I'd like, and the body is also a bit light.

I initially liked this more than my re-review. A little more body and depth if flavor is necessary to bring it back.

Saison Des Fêtes from Atlas Brew Works