Passion Fruit Wheat | Funky Buddha Brewery

funkybuddhabrewery.com

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

Added by jwjon1 on 04-22-2012

4/5  rDev 0%

I've had this beer twice in the past couple of weeks at the FBL. Both times it hit me exactly the same in terms of taste, aroma, color and mouthfeel. It looks very refreshing with a bright yellow/amber color and some good carbonation. The aroma is strong passion fruit which is very pleasant. The taste is very close to the nose with sweet refreshing fruit flavors and a slight sour note that in all slightly overwhelms the palate. However, you definitely look forward to your next sip, or in my case gulp.

Overall it is a very good fruit beer when only compared to other beers in this category. It is highly drinkable for that first pint but the strong fruit taste has you passing on a second. I have to congratulate the FBL for always pushing the envelope with their originality and unique flavors and in most cases succeeding!

4.74/5  rDev 0%

What can I say? My favorite fruit turned wheat beer. High scores indicative of this being a phenomenal fruit beer.

Though this is supposedly different from the passion fruit Berliner, it has all the qualities of a nice light Berliner.

The result: a luscious sour that is very tasty. Seriously, I love passion fruit, and this beer's wheat base highlightes the virtues of this sour, aromatic fruit.

Bravo funky buddha!