Inceptus Blueberry

Notes:
Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 5 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
ThickNStout from Georgia

4.16/5  rDev -1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Corked and caged 350mL bottle acquired at the brewery. Released 9/1/17. Served in a Three Taverns snifter. Enjoyed 9/1/17.

Pours an opaque lilac tinted rose with a finger and a half cap of pale lavender head. The bubbles recede, leaving very little retention.

Aromas of funk, berries, some wine-infused oak and a little old hay. Smells pretty good but that blueberry is a bit more restrained than I’d hoped.

A mild but distinct soured funk is immediately prevalent before lingering amongst supporting flavors of wine barrel, wet hay, subdued blueberry, earth, a hint of cracker and a little farmy character. Tastes quite good but, as in the nose, I’d love the fruit presence to be dialed up a bit.

Semi chalky, medium body with moderately light carbonation. Pleasantly funky sour finish with subtle blueberry wine undertones.

From my first taste of Inceptus two years ago I have wanted to try it with fruit. I'm still holding out for peach (it’s a Georgia thing) but this blueberry is pretty damn nice. Glad I grabbed a few bottles because this is a nice play on one of my favorite local wild ales.

Jan 12, 2018