Carnival | Great Notion Brewing

Great Notion Brewing
Oregon, United States
greatnotionpdx.com

Style: American Imperial Stout

Inspired by one of our favorite carnival treats, this imperial stout was fermented with two varieties of apple concentrate, milk sugar, and loads of fresh caramel. The apple offers a bright crisp character, and the caramel brings a touch of sweetness.

User Reviews & Ratings
Reviews: 2 | Ratings: 3
4.06/5  rDev +2.3%

Very dark appearance with slight off white head. Minimal caramel aroma. That’s is a very slight sweet with caramel and slightly sour apple without any alcohol aftertaste.

4.25/5  rDev +7.1%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4.25

On tap. Given the ingredients in this beer, I am super stoked to try.
L: Pours a dark black appearance. Looks viscous. No head or lacing. Just pitch black.
S: Really gets better as it warms. I get a decent amount of caramel initially with some chocolate as it warms along with butterscotch and molasses. As it comes to temp, the green apple aroma really comes out. Different but welcoming.
T: Really unique as it warms. Tons of caramel, malts and molasses. Green apple tartness on finish and in aftertaste. I can see the direction they are taking and they achieved it in my opinion.
F: Thin feel but heavier in weight. I wish it was thicker, but that is my opinion. ABV hidden well .
O: A novelty brew and enjoyable. I would be willing to try more carnival apple-themed stouts. I am glad to have tried. Cheers!

Carnival from Great Notion Brewing