Fresh IIPA V6 | Hubbard's Cave Brewery

Notes: Rotating availibility.
Outstanding
Reviews: 5 | Ratings: 24
4.21/5  rDev -5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Great hazy yellow pour with white bubbled head. The smell was mild hops with lemon, all kinds of tropical fruits and flowers, but not super vibrant. Taste was better in this regard, with good juiciness and floral notes, but hops were still playing second fiddle. Feel was creamy and smooth, with a hollowed out middle for pineapple to really hit you.

4.32/5  rDev -2.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.25

Tasted in a Spiegelau IPA glass from a one pint can on November 1, 2018. Fresh by 12.31.18. Yet another well made double IPA from the guys at Hubbard's Cave. Fresh is best.

4.48/5  rDev +1.1%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Had from a 16oz can. The look was hazy like a big glass of orange juice with a nice head. THe smell was great, very tropical, grapefruit, orange, a little bit of lemon, berry. The taste was very juicy up front with a strong fruit flavor that lingered and just a slight bit of bitterness at the end. The feel was nice with a coating that covers the palate. This was my first Hubbard's Cave beer and I'm very impressed. I will definitely seek it out again.

4.6/5  rDev +3.8%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Poured from a bomber into a Dogfish Head tulip. Last day of its 'best by'.

L: Cloudy golden pour. 2 fingers of foamy head. Falls fast with a thick sticky ring of lacing. Looks pretty much like a juice bomb.

S: Dank citrus and tropical fruits. Grapefruit, pineapple, guava, and mango.

T/F: Follows the nose... classic NE style DIPA. Dank and juicy... tropical fruit bomb... grapefruit forward but lots of other juice character. Mango and guava... passionfruit. Mild bitterness... smooth and sticky mouthfeel. Finish is juicy and delicious.

O: A ridiculously good NE IPA... could have come straight from Vermont. Just delicious... could drink this any time, and even on its 'last day' it still blew me away.

4.58/5  rDev +3.4%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

I love telling stories, and this beer has one or two. First off, I picked up a bottle of it while I was at Iron & Glass, and while I was finishing whatever I was drinking, one of the customers wanted to share the bottle of this that he bought and chilled. When I smelled it, like the other guys at the bar, it knocked me back and made me say "wow!" Then I took a taste, looked over at where I found this, and grabbed a second bottle that I could bring to last week's share at @oach's. We had it in a side-by-side with the IIPA V4, and while my review for this is based on a bottle I'm drinking by itself and by myself tonight, I have to say those were two great beers to drink together, because V4 was darker and maltier, while this one was pure New England style juice.

Looks like a thin orange juice with a light creamy head and lacing. Smell is zesty juicy hops with a mild bitter undertone. Taste is a trip to Hopland. Nothing malty, just juicy and citrusy and a slight bitter tang. It has a beautiful mouth feel to it. Full and mouthwatering and hitting on all cylinders.

Fresh IIPA V6 from Hubbard's Cave Brewery