Raspberry Lambic | Six Rivers Brewery

Style: Lambic - Fruit

Added by BeerZack on 03-31-2008

first ← prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | nextlast
3.98/5  rDev +11.5%

Poured from 22oz bomber into a tulip.

Appearance: rich red-orange hue with just a dash of haze and a thin layer of frothy pinkish foam. I love the color on this one.

Smell: sweet and malty with a big raspberry nose. Bright and fruity, a well-done example of the style.

Taste: much like the aroma, although the sweetness is in ascendence over the tartness in the flavor. There's a nice caramel underpinning as well which really works for me, as well as a bit of a floral cue. Not as tart as I'd prefer, but still quite tasty.

Mouthfeel: medium body with a moderate carbonation and decent creaminess.

Overall: this beer could use more tartness, but the raspberry, caramel and floral elements make this eminently drinkable.

3.54/5  rDev -0.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

4.5/5  rDev +26.1%

3.62/5  rDev +1.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Reviewed from notes taken during Stone Sour Fest in 2010.

2.09/5  rDev -41.5%

Pretty much tastes like Nyquil, just less alcoholic and generally not as enjoyable to drink.

3.9/5  rDev +9.2%

3.4/5  rDev -4.8%
look: 4 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

I hate flavored beers. It has a great dark appearance but again, cannot compare to an equally great appearance in a copper or amber colored ale, its a different thing. Remarkable pinkish purple head. Smells good like a fruity drink but purely tastes like a hard soda pop or something of that nature. Strong hints of grapes and berries mask the alcoholic taste although I believe it as an extra boost in alc cont. seeing as it has almost been fermenting in the keg. All in all i would say try it if you're into fruity beers. for me it is certainly not my thing. The chick on the tap handle is quite delicious herself. I love poring these.

4.12/5  rDev +15.4%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

On tap at the brewpub.

A: a very attractive red--orange color; clear with a very durable off-white head and patterned sticky lacing.

Aroma: wonderful mix of fresh strawberries, strawberry jam and bisquits.

Flavor: At first it is mildly sweet but, by mid-taste, a bit more tart, with mild bitterness in the aftertaste. Faint wood.

Feel: light+ body; Soft and smooth; medium carbonation.

O: excellent version of this Belgian style!

3.75/5  rDev +5%

2.75/5  rDev -23%

3.75/5  rDev +5%

4.5/5  rDev +26.1%

2.5/5  rDev -30%

4.25/5  rDev +19%

3.45/5  rDev -3.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.5

874th Review on BA
Bottle to Strange
22 oz

No bottle date

Purchased from Aloha Liquors, Carson City, NV

App- When this pours out it has way too much bubbles in the glass on the second pour no head, on the third way too bubbly. Its a nice mix of dark pink, purple and reds. No cling at all or lace.

Smell- Thick Raspberry and sugar candy on the nose. A bit one sided with aromatics. Sweet but not over done.

Taste- This has potential to be a good lambic but it needs to be dropped a couple points on the ABV. The 7% is well hidden but this has a high juice quality and seems to lack a funk to it. Much more sweet and sugar versus the traditional flavors. A little better than say a Lindemans as an intro lambic.

Mouth- Medium bodied and high carbed. A little too thick for this one and the fruit it carries with in. Needs to thin out and drop some bubbles and would be much better.

Drink- It's hard to find a brewery in No. America who takes some chances on a very hard to do style. This could be something really good with a few tweaks.

1.93/5  rDev -45.9%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 1.5

Unfortunately, this is my first review and I felt so compelled after one of the worst experiences in my short great beer quest. Upon opening, I had a gusher, which I was prepared to laugh at in anticipation of a nice beer. Appearance was crimson red with a pink foam. As I smelled, I was immediately put off by a medicinal, almost sourness that was unpleasant (and I understand it should have some of it for the style). As I tasted, I found the sourness nearly nauseating and dominant - not pleasing. The fruit was invisible and I tried hard not to, but I ended up pouring my glass and the remainder of my bomber down the drain. I did not like Sam I am. My hope is that I received a bottle not representative of the beer, or the brewery. I always try something twice, as it could have been only a glimpse in time...

first ← prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | nextlast