Black Grove

Added:
Mar 17, 2017
SCORE
n/a
Notes: Black Grove is a Dark Saison and is crafted with Pale Malt, Pilsner Malt, Vienna malt, Chocolate Wheat Malt, Flaked Oats, Midnight Wheat, and Carafa Special. We add the zest and juice from fresh limes, grapefruit, and oranges to this black ale, layering notes of citrus sorbet and pulpy fruit on top of coffee and toasted wood undertones. Black Grove is fermented and aged in oak barrels for several months with our wild yeast culture and then bottle conditioned.
Recent ratings and reviews.
Reviewed by alexipa from Colorado

3.97/5  rDev +9.4%
This is a very unique dark saison that I enjoyed from the bottle at the tap room. My initial reaction to the pour was that I was worried this would be too sweet or otherwise heavy on a hot summer day. It turned out to be the opposite; this is a very delicate and citrusy, funky beer. The more I focused on the beer, the more interesting flavors I picked up on- anise and some woody oak.

Overall this is a beer that I enjoyed most when I was crushing it as I would any pale ale... but there is a ton going on behind the citrus!
Jul 17, 2017
Reviewed by mattlerjor from Michigan

3.29/5  rDev -9.4%
look: 3 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.25
Hard beer to find because it is seasonal and it should honestly stay that way. It had way too much bite and dark malt to it that it was quite hard to enjoy. It had no real body to it and I didn't exactly want to have another.
Apr 20, 2017