Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Labatt Lager & Lime | Labatt Brewing Company Ltd.

2.79/5
Poor

Labatt Brewing Company Ltd.
Ontario, Canada
labatt.com

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

Availability: Summer

Added by jmatthew on 10-11-2002

Reviews by jmatthew:
1.71/5  rDev -38.7%

A gimmick product that is obviously trying to pick up on the success of the lime-necessitating beers synonymous with summer that are offered by numerous other breweries. I'm not sure I ever wanted a lime in my "lager"... (More specifically, I think it's actually a pilsner) Though I can't be sure, this tastes much like another flagship product of theirs with an injection of artificial lime. Stick with the Blue.

3.62/5  rDev +29.7%

Presentation: It was poured from a brown 11.5oz. or 340ml bottle into a pint glass.

Appearance: It has a light golden color with a thin white head. There is lively carbonation visible in the beer which has very good clarity. The head is fluffy and fades fast leaving just a ring of bubbles around the edge of the glass. Little to no lacing is left behind on the glass.

Smell: The aroma is rather light but there is a hint of light grainy malt, mild grassy hops and a pleasant citrus scent.

Taste/Mouth feel: Its flavor is very similar to its aroma. There is light grainy malt with mild hop flavor and bitterness, along with a nice touch of citrusy lemon and lime. The palate has a light, easy to drink, body with a watery texture and lively carbonation.

Notes: It makes a good warm weather or "lawnmower beer" and I would say that it is better than some of the more popular citrus flavored light or pale American style lagers.

1.85/5  rDev -33.7%

My wife and I went over to my folks for a Labor Day BBQ and I had this turd out of my Dad's Sam's Club case o' mixed Labatt's.

Yikes! This was awful! One of the worst beers I have ever had. It tastes like a light Macro mixed with copious amounts of concentrated Lime juice. Yuck!

I have had Miller Chill (Awful) and I have had BL Lime (less awful) but now I have had the epitome of used toilet water, Labatt's Lager & Lime.

Please don't do this to yourself!

Labatt Lager & Lime from Labatt Brewing Company Ltd.