Plain Sight

Jun 08, 2019
SCORE
n/a
Plain SightPlain Sight
Notes: A mixed-culture golden farmhouse ale aged for over a year in Grenache barrels and refermented over freshly picked Robata Apricots. Aromatic, estate-grown malt and a sun-kissed, stone-fruity zing are supported by a quenching acidity.

Bottle Conditioned. 60 Cases Produced
Recent ratings and reviews.

Rated: 3.75 by Mattias from Sweden

Mar 19, 2022

Rated: 3.5 by TallGuyCM from California

Jun 19, 2020
Reviewed by REVZEB from Illinois

4.26/5  rDev +9.8%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25
Murky burnt orange with no head. Smells of fresh red grape, huge tart apricot, slight cherry, expressive oak, with supporting funk, and red wine. Taste is a somewhat acidic version of the nose, wine emerges more as it warms, oak too.
Fruit really pops in contrast. Feel is tart, slightly acidic, vinous and oaky. Really nice debut
Jun 17, 2020
Reviewed by Beginner2 from Illinois

4.01/5  rDev +3.4%
How does Dwinell do this ?
Not even two years old, Dwinell has achieved much with Plain Sight.
And consider the source. I am a curmudgeonly Belgo-phile who has three times as many saisons reviewed as any other Belgian style. And being a purist, I have to be a skeptic about wild yeasts making their way into the saison.
Plus, I'm a cheapskate.
So in my worldview, Plain Sight didn't have much of a chance of impressing me.
But it did.
This is how I think it did.

And we even started on the wrong foot. Plain Sight does not Look like any saison I'd drink. (Bubbles, please!) I really appreciate a malted, grainy, yeasty medley; but a fruit medley is OK and this ale's nose is mostly fruit without the Brett-like alarm. The same for the Taste; balanced, sweet yet tart, interesting. Finishes refreshing, smooth and devoid of the acid reflux many tart ales give me.
How does Dwinell do that ?
Rather than answer, I cop-out and suggest you try Plain Sight.
I got mine from Tavour.
And I've been known to rant about price; but Plain Sight is worth the experience.

As for Dwinell... I went on their website. Is this another story of brewers following their bliss in a remote town surrounded by agricultural and a great landscape ? Probably.
Why don't I do that ?