Terra Kill

Wants
Gots
SCORE
n/a
Notes: Sour IPA brewed with pilsner malt, milk sugar, raw wheat, and fluffy malted oats.

This beer was inoculated with our house lactobacillus culture and heavily dry-hopped using a blend of Citra, Azacca, and Cashmere.

We're tasting - fresh squeezed grapefruit juice, bright pithy lime zest, a hastily torn open bags of skittles, and tropical pineapple juice cocktail.
Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 5 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
JerzDevl2000 from New Jersey

3.93/5  rDev +2.1%

First beer from The Drowned Lands here as I only heard about them recently and was fortunate enough to find this can at ShopRite Liquors in Little Falls recently. This was a Sour IPA from the get-go based pour, appearance, and taste and one that was quite easy to adjust to, since I don't drink that style very often.

The pour to this was a muted goldenrod with a vibrant head topped off with big bubbles that burst quickly, and then went away nearly as fast as they formed. No lacing of any kind was left behind as this was quite thin in consistency although that wasn't a detraction for this beer. Lots of milk sugar, oats, and tangy citrus in the nose as the taste was slick, yeasty, and oddly reminiscent of gumdrops or skittles without the sugarcoating. The lime is certainly here when it comes to the tang as the Azacca and Pilsner Malt worked together nicely to give this the depth and body that it needed to stand out. Lightly carbonated and sticky in the aftertaste, the oats were plentiful although I don't recall them ever being fluffy in a beer!

Some fruity pebbles remained in the aftertaste along with a bit of the sediment that settled on the bottom and a hint of alcohol on my breath. Only "77777" was written on the bottom of the can, as I had no idea how old this was. This reminded me of something from Hudson Valley or Tilted Barn, but I mean that in a good way as this was enjoyable and memorable without being outlandish. Much like the label, this was artful and understated while leaving me wanting more in the end, as it's obvious that this won't be my last beer from these guys!

Aug 08, 2021