Feathers & Fables

Aug 25, 2021
SCORE
n/a
Notes: None
Recent ratings and reviews.
3.68/5  rDev 0%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.25
by Beginner2 from Illinois

Bought this 16 ouncer from Beermiscuous, my source for Chicagoland micros.
My 5th from Brewers Kitchen, I like how they say they brew for the table. But I must note that 6 of their 10 most rated ales on UnTappd rely heavily on hops. I also note that to get really good for brewing at the table, they need to have ales with yeasts that are still swirling. And I didn't get that from F&F. Nonetheless, I'm also intending more and more to visit them at the collaborative Pilot Project which is right in my neighborhood and check out their larger culinary scene.

F&F doesn't Look appetizing; the foam disappears quickly; but its cans are creatively appealing. Smells also are average; there is citrus fruit in here, but don't expect me to know what is in the punch. Tastes offer more of an advancement in that the citrus evolves into a dry finish. (I'm thinking that is the tea.) Despite appearing flat, there are enough bubbles and malt to make F&F medium-mouthed.

Brewer's Kitchen needs to work on making their yeasts active if they want to excel in the Belgian styles. I hope they do.

Aug 26, 2021