Bob's Roggenbier | Barley and Hops Grill & Microbrewery

Style: Roggenbier

Added by JamieDuncan on 05-03-2014

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 7
Reviews by JamieDuncan:

So my beer guru texts me and tells me he has found a great Rye Hefeweizen at a local brewpub that is better than Weihenstephaner Hefeweizen, which is maybe my favorite beer. And I am thinking, right. I mean, he is almost always dead on about good beer but better, gotta confirm that for myself.

I get by Barley and Hops and get a pint of Bob. Stunning beer, thick and murky with a great head. The smell is also perfect. Good, clean and strong hefe smell with a little something more. Then the taste, wow, he was right. Maybe the best overall beer I have had. Plus the feel also gets a perfect because it is almost creamy, much thicker than the typical wheat beers which I love. Plus, at $4 a pint I wish I could give it even more bonus points. Definitely the perfect beer for me.

This beer is a one time only, brewed using the recipe of last years Frederick Home Brew competition brewed by Barley and Hops, so if you get to it before it is gone it is a must try. My only perfect 5 on a reviewed beer.

Bob's Roggenbier from Barley and Hops Grill & Microbrewery