Abner Weed Amber Ale | Mount Shasta Brewing

Style: American Amber / Red Ale

Added by Reidrover on 10-04-2005

first ← prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | nextlast
3.67/5  rDev +2.2%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.75

4.12/5  rDev +14.8%

3.48/5  rDev -3.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

3.79/5  rDev +5.6%

Pours a finger of head on a clear amber colored body.
The aroma is a nice malty smell.
The taste is mostly malty sweet, a little spice, with enough bitterness to balance it out. Good profile.
The texture is softer.
Quite enjoyable.

3.54/5  rDev -1.4%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

2.87/5  rDev -20.1%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

3.34/5  rDev -7%

Pours a murky crimson-brown with a foamy khaki head that settles to a partial film on top of the beer. Foamy patches of lace form around the glass on the drink down. Smell is of toasted malt, earth, and nut aromas. Taste is much the same with watery malt and nut flavors on the finish. There is a mild amount of earth bitterness on the palate with each sip. This beer has a lower level of carbonation with a slightly crisp mouthfeel. Overall, this is an above average beer that smells solid, but the flavors are a bit too much like watery homebrew in my opinion.

Serving type: bottle.

4.88/5  rDev +35.9%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

I'm normally an IPA drinker and when someone offered me to try this, I was skeptical. Four Weed Amber Ales later, I was hooked. It is worth trying! The flavor is sweet but refreshing. For someone who loves hoppy beer, this isn't far off. It has a good mixture of flavors to satisfy multiple pallets.

4.37/5  rDev +21.7%

Had this at Willimantic Brewery in CT. Amber ales are not usually my thing, but I am impressed with this one. Very sessionable, with a solid maltiness that is a bit on the sweet side. Subtle nutty notes back it up, along with some toffee and toast. Hops were present but more of a pineapple flavor than a piny bitterness, just enough to complement the malts. Could easily drink a few of these while hanging out with some friends. Excellent example of the style!

4.25/5  rDev +18.4%

3.39/5  rDev -5.6%

Wiseman Justin reporting.

Appearance: Foggy amber appearance. Two finger very white head. Could have scored more points by eliminating the really weak head and improving the base color.

Smell: It smells like mediocre beer. It slightly reminds me of Double Barrel Ale by Firestone. If I try really hard I start imagining that I'm smelling grapefruit. Mild malt + hops. It's decent!

Taste: woah! GuH! Okay so it's not "GuH" bad. But seriously I was expecting somewhat of a better taste. I'm not sure what's going on here but I've had better. The guy below me says he can taste carmel. I'm calling bull shit. No Carmel.

Mouthfeel: It has an unremarkable yet adequate mouthfeel.

Drinkability: It's an amber ale. You could drink these all night long with ease. I'm drinking one of them. Sometimes drinkability means you WANT more. Othertimes it means you could continue drinking them. This beer falls under the latter catagory

3.97/5  rDev +10.6%

A - Nice amber color and head

S - Strong caramel smell with hints of hops

T - Caramel but with a stronger metalic taste. Smell is better than taste.

M - Good amount of carbonation and smooth going down.

D - High on the drinkability scale, could drink an entire 6 pack of this.

Whould I buy it again: probably not
Would I recommend it to a friend: Yes, because they might like it
Would I drink it if I was offered at a party: Yes
Overall: Good

first ← prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | nextlast