Extreme Beer Fest: Los Angeles (2018)?

Discussion in 'BeerAdvocate Talk' started by Todd, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Todd

Todd Founder (5,598) Aug 23, 1996 California
    Staff

Because "Are you hosting Extreme Beer Fest in Los Angeles this year?" has become an FAQ, I thought it best to drop a quick update.

There's no EBF: LA this year, however, we're actively working on bringing it back to LA in 2019 and my personal goal is to make it an annual event. I'll post more as soon as we know more.

In the meantime, I encourage everyone to check out our IPA Fest in Boston on December 15th and Extreme Beer Fest: Boston on February 1st and 2nd. The weather will probably be colder than the brews, but it'll be worth the travel.

https://www.beeradvocate.com/events/

A don't forget to check out events hosted by our friends at the Los Angeles County Brewers Guild, like their L.A. Beer Week Kickoff Fest this Saturday.

Thanks for the EBF: LA love.

Todd

2. iebforever

iebforever Initiate (59) Jan 19, 2009 California

The EBF in LA in 2017 was fantastic! Sorry to hear there won't be one this year, if you hold one in 2019 I'll be there.

Jim

Todd likes this.
  3. 2beerdogs

2beerdogs Poo-Bah (2,101) Jan 31, 2005 California
    Premium Trader

Todd, I'm truly bummed. EBF LA was such a great event. You guys knocked it out of the park, and considering it was the first one, I was more than willing to tolerate some glitches. But from my POV, there were none. If you guys need more time to replicate, I'm down. I'll be there for sure.

4. thebeerismightier

thebeerismightier Initiate (0) Mar 30, 2015 New York

Ahhh such a bummer...EBF LA was fantastic! Even with the elevator bottleneck, it felt even smoother than Boston, which was amazing for a first attempt (maybe it was just because waiting outside in the Cali weather is far easier)...

Definitely hope to see it again in ‘19. Keep up the great work Todd! And nore east coast and Midwest next time!

Todd likes this.
  5. Lisa_B

Lisa_B Initiate (0) Mar 31, 2014 California
    Premium

Thanks for making EBF: LA in 2017 so incredible and thank you for having a goal of making it an annual event! It was without a doubt the best beer related event I've ever attended.

Boston in February....brrrrr. But maybe I'll try this next year!

Todd likes this.
  6. Bouqua62

Bouqua62 Initiate (0) Feb 11, 2014 California

Todd,
    It was great meeting you at the LABW kickoff after-party.
    I'm sorry to hear no EBF: LA for 2018, but will look forward to 2019!

Todd likes this.
  7. Laurie0

Laurie0 Initiate (61) Aug 28, 2015 California

Well it’s Southwest’s 2-day California $39 fare sale so naturally I came here to see what dates to plan for EBF: LA 2018. Total bummer-last year was great. Maybe next year....

warrendietrich2001 likes this.