O'Malley's Emerald Lager

From:
Weston Brewing Company & O'Malley's Pub

Missouri, United States
Avail:
Retired (no longer brewed)
Wants
Gots
SCORE
n/a
Notes:
Reviews: 3 | Ratings: 5 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
Zadok from Kansas

2.5/5  rDev +8.7%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

A-Golden straw appearance with a pure white half finger head and mild lacing.

S-Light hops and mild citrus at first smell.

T-At first drink there was a little yeast and citrus and after that I had a hard time tasting anything.

M-Very smooth and light, low to medium carbonation. Reminiscent of ice water.

D-Very prototypical of an American lager. If I was looking for a large quantity of session beer and not much else this could do.

Jul 31, 2008
Springdogg from Missouri

1.16/5  rDev -49.6%

Part of Pack o'Craic six pack. Avoid this six pack at all costs. All three beers are not good at all. I've had the Cream Ale from Weston Brewing Company and it is quite good.

The lager on the other hand was awful. It had a very thin head that disappeared almost immediately. The smell was very sweet. However, the taste left a lot to be desired. There was a faint flavor of vinegar on top of a very bad vegetal taste. I could not finish my glass. I don't believe in wasting beer and usually finish even the bad ones, but I could not stomach this beer.

Feb 07, 2008
bort11 from Missouri

1.58/5  rDev -31.3%

From O'Malley's Pack-O-Craic six pack. Drinkers get to vote on which of the three beers in the pack becomes O'Malley's next permanent release.

12 oz bottle poured into a Sam Adams pint glass. I'm shocked to see no head at all. It just doesn't seem right for a lager to not have any head. Color is a clear pale yellow, not much carbonation activity.

Smell is a sickly sweet, sweet-corn/popcorn aroma. It's very weird and not like anything else I've smelled. Taste is also sweet and corn like. Mouthfeel is light but still slightly syrupy. Not very enjoyable at all.

O'Malley's Irish Pub is one of my favorite places to go, and I really want the new brewery to be successful. But this lager is not the way to go. I think I see where they are wanting to go. They want sessionable beers that will go over well for the Irish Fest. Please go back to the drawing board and come up with something else.

Jan 19, 2008