Mega Flora: Super Saison

Notes:
Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 6
4.37/5  rDev +9.5%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

This is my first Fonta Flora beer, but I will be drinking more.

Appearance: Nice color typical of a Saison, this says its a super Saison. I guess that is like an imperial Saison. Anyway, straw yellow, not a huge amount of head, but lacing stayed pretty much the same throughout the progression of drinking it.

Smell: Herbal, kind of funky but not overly funky, lots of tropical fruits and maybe a little bitterness, lots of clove in there for sure, but well balanced for the style.

Taste: Amazing, it really reminds me of the first Saison that I had ever tried which was from Catawba Valley, which I assume is right down the road and I hear there are connections so that makes sense. Same type of flavors as you get in the aroma. Funky, light and earthy but with a numbing of clove and coriander and other spices. Fruits, like pineapple and papaya, its a really interesting beer. For the amount of alcohol it is is hidden very well and you could get into trouble with this one, it is very smooth and refreshing.

Overall: I have been hearing about this place and I am happy that I got a chance to try one of their beers and look forward to trying others.

Mega Flora: Super Saison from Fonta Flora Brewery