Chuck's Notion | Great Notion Brewing

None provided.

User Reviews & Ratings
Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 2
3.93/5  rDev 0%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 4

Chalky yellow/light orange body that goes beyond haze/murk fully into the land of stark opacity. Decent white head initially settles in pretty quick to no more than a ring and some whisps.

Nose is citrus juice with some melange of tropical notes in there as well. Reminds me of a lot of the midwest NEIPA heavy hitters I've had.

The aforementioned comparison continues... This reminds me very much of some of the highly regarded beers within this style that I've tried, it just isn't really a style that speaks to me.
Tangerine and bruised pineapple and an almost banana creaminess with a little starburst swell on the back end, but it's less pronounced and less artificial tasting to me than the above comparisons. A little bit of bittersweet to the finish that almost carries a faint lime pith. A lot of tropical and citrus really is what it boils down to. The bitterness does emerge a little better as it warms though to give it some balance.
Soft body with medium carbonation.

I'm not the target audience for this beer. I'm not really into the big haze world, so this one isn't really for me. It is a really well executed example of that style, however, and one that compares very favourably (and similarly) with many very well received options within the style.
If you like the hazies you'll probably love this. I'm glad to have tried it for research purposes.

Chuck's Notion from Great Notion Brewing